Triton or Triton Jr

kjb28

At what size should a driver be to switch from a Triton jr. to a regular Triton, or an a adult ride a Triton jr also? What are advantages and disadvantages of doing this?

We ran a Triton Jr from JR 3 into Sr 340lb and it maintained being very fast, There is where I would draw the line up to 340 lb even 350 lb min class.
Advantage It will hook up little easier on lower to mid bite tracks with little less prepped up tires, disadvantage would be tougher to get hooked up on HIGH bite good clay day time tracks prepared properly. ( not that it could not be done )
Make NO mistake for best results on either TIRES gotta be right.

Think the Jr would work with groove tires in box stock class at 350lb. 155 pound driver. I will run Reapers at one of the tracks I run but I think we will have to weigh 375lbs at that track. A fellow here has a 2016 with body. No tires or motor. He wants 1550.00 for it.

Think the Jr would work with groove tires in box stock class at 350lb. 155 pound driver. I will run Reapers at one of the tracks I run but I think we will have to weigh 375lbs at that track. A fellow here has a 2016 with body. No tires or motor. He wants 1550.00 for it.
It would work ok, But that's WAAAAAAAY over priced.

I think people want way more down here maybe because we don't have a huge selection. What do you think price wise. It is in good condition.

I think people want way more down here maybe because we don't have a huge selection. What do you think price wise. It is in good condition.
Provided it's chassis with all the hub's front and back, spindles, front an rear bumpers, foot pedals, Axle, motor mount, everything for breaks, including Wolfe plate, nerf bars and used Body. If someone really wanted it and lived close and could save shipping like $1,150 to $1,200 and it better be in good condition. If buyer had to eat shipping like $1,000 bucks.

Hey I appreciate the advice as always.
Hey in the end it's your hard earned money If it's close and can be picked up with little fuel expense that's your call, but the only way he's getting $1,550 for it is the kid that raced it traveled the money circuit and was always up front, OR a dad with $$$$ is convinced it's ok just because he personally saw someone bad fast on a Triton Jr and he thinks experience means nothing and just because it's the same model he'll get the same results.

I don't know the story on it. He bought it thinking his nine year old girl was going to race. She made one race and said she didn't want to do it so he is selling out. I will keep my Prowler and keep looking.

Back