Trophy Chassis

Mac_49

Surely some on here have retired and saved chassis? Maybe it was first championship win...maybe it won the big national race...maybe for more personal reasons.
Any stories behind these chassis that were held on to? Anyone put them on displays in garages, sheds, living rooms, etc?
Same goes with motors...would be interested to here stories.

Timing . Flathead went obsolete over night .
Clones rules changed so fast needed new each year .
Chassis you gotta sell within 3 years or next thing ya know its ten years old .

I was able to track down the first chassis I had from back in 99’ when I started racing at the age of 14. A 99’ Banshee, it’s been thru the mill since I got rid of it in 2003. When I have time I plan on doing a complete restore and hanging in from the ceiling of my garage. Scored my first ever win in restricted flathead with it. I also recently found the original restricted flathead that I ran in 99’ and my brother ran from 00’-03’. Also in rough shape but something that can be cleaned up and bolted on the chassis. Funny you posted this as this was something I had thought able doing last week!

Look forward to reading these incoming post!

Last edited:
I have a buddy who ran my karts with me who has raced a lot of cars and karts. He built a new shop that has race car doors and kart bodies hanging from the walls and wanted to buy the kart chassis from me he raced and won a lot of races. Stupid me I sold it as a roller instead of hanging it on his shop wall. I will always regret it.

I rarely sell anything I own. I have owned a lot of chassis and engines but rarely sell any of them. Still keep my 1st chassis in Spain, a Spanish brand that doesn't exist anymore called Arisco with the 1st racing engine I owned, a twin spark IDK also made by Arisco. I have only sold 3 chassis, unfortunately I sold my Ultramax Blaze Octane after winning the Dixie Winter Series (some races on this one and the last ones on my favorite Millenium Tempest that I still own), I also traded a kart I bought from Jim McMurray and I rebuilt, and the 3rd one was my 2010 MGM that was the kart that has won more races for me on asphalt. I have only sold a few clones, never sell my 2 strokes.

Back