Trouble getting into the corner...Triton

foxycuts5

Kart is real close and i may have just been off on tires but here is my info...

Running in the midwest very low bite track normally ranges from needing maxxis in the 40-50 range or burris, track is a 1/6 mile and getting into the corner kart doesn't want to turn and wants to slide up then grab and go...real fast center off just losing ground getting into the corner

Cross 62%
Left 60%
Nose 46.5%

-2 3/4 RF
+ 1/4 LF

5 PSI RS
4 PSI LS

Past week i was running maxxis duro at 45-48

Any advice is appreciated

Kart is real close and i may have just been off on tires but here is my info...

Running in the midwest very low bite track normally ranges from needing maxxis in the 40-50 range or burris, track is a 1/6 mile and getting into the corner kart doesn't want to turn and wants to slide up then grab and go...real fast center off just losing ground getting into the corner

Cross 62%
Left 60%
Nose 46.5%

-2 3/4 RF
+ 1/4 LF

5 PSI RS
4 PSI LS

Past week i was running maxxis duro at 45-48

Any advice is appreciated

Increase nose by .75%, increase lt fr pos camber to .5, move RR out 1/8th " if that helps but still not 100% right, drop left .5% and cross .5%.

Good Luck !!

I ran a setup like that with .5 lf and -3.25 rf camber. I think simply adding cross 2% and decreasing left .5% would fix the problem, also 3/8 lf camber but keep the rf where it is. Make sure the rf has 2 washers on the bottom of the spindle first and adjust with the LF. With cross and left that close together the right front doesn't have enough preload to get weight moving quick enough.

Did you mean 47.25% nose racing promotor? Ive never seen nose ran that high on a triton and never tried over 47%.

Id be more around 58.5 left, lf camber at .5, both castor blocks back, and castor at 10/13 on lower grip...... Duro is not as important as making sure you have enough bite in the tires.

I ran a setup like that with .5 lf and -3.25 rf camber. I think simply adding cross 2% and decreasing left .5% would fix the problem, also 3/8 lf camber but keep the rf where it is. Make sure the rf has 2 washers on the bottom of the spindle first and adjust with the LF. With cross and left that close together the right front doesn't have enough preload to get weight moving quick enough.

Did you mean 47.25% nose racing promotor? Ive never seen nose ran that high on a triton and never tried over 47%.

That was just a more general statement not really up on that chassis to know if little over 47% was to much or not just a suggestion since he said low bite, I think between your post above the nose question to me and Earl's comment is his problem.

Back