Trouble getting my clone to start

New Racer

Ok so been tinkering around with a old clone engine of mine 2 years ago ran fine. Well idiot me forgot to drain out the gas in the carb bowl, so i pulled off the carb cleaned out all the jets pulled e-tube. Just wondering if carb us ruined or am i missing something to get it to run. Coil is fine checked couple different plugs both getting spark they are definitely wet as heck when i check them almost as its flooded and getting way too much gas any help is appreciated thanks .

Did you check the needle and float ? Is it a stock carb ? Make sure the o-rings are still on the low side jet , or at least the bottom one . Might be easier to replace it with a clean one . That tarnish is a bear to clean out sometimes .

If you can prime the engine and get it to run for a few seconds then you know it's fuel flow. Or maybe you're flooding it with too much choke. Sometimes spark can show outside the engine but fall short under compression. Clean the grounds.

Yea im gonna put another one on it probably get it from dover power really the motor could use a rebuild this motor i use to play around with for practice motor and scuffing up tires. Thanks guys for the input

Also the motor is a older hunter curtis motor ive had it apart and back together before and ran just fine but thats when i let the old gas sit for couple years in the carb bowl so id say has to be carb

Got the motor running i think my valve lash was too lose. Also went thru the carb again so it was one or the other.

Back