Trouble with clone cranking

You didn't rebuild the pump did you? I lined the marks up on my square pump and it wouldn't work . Had to turn the base around so it would suck instead of blow.

Could it be possible that i turned it the wrong way when i took it apart?...I lined it up by the p marked on it assuming that was for pulse...I think it is the same as the one i took off...

Can someone tell me which line goes where?.....U got a top,middle and bottom line....I have the Walbro FPC-1 round fuel pump....I think it might be wrong.....I have the top one to pulse,middle one going to carb and bottom coming in from tank....I think that is right....I am thinking off top of my head....I am at work...ahah

If you gravity feed it you can take pump out and make sure that is not the problem.

Also had a similar problem on a gx140. Had stock tank and all. just would not get fuel. Turned out to be valves had worn til to tight. if a valve is to tight it will not pulse or pull fuel like needed. Reel easy to check buy just pulling valve cover. adjusted valves and it ran like a top.

If you gravity feed it you can take pump out and make sure that is not the problem.

Also had a similar problem on a gx140. Had stock tank and all. just would not get fuel. Turned out to be valves had worn til to tight. if a valve is to tight it will not pulse or pull fuel like needed. Reel easy to check buy just pulling valve cover. adjusted valves and it ran like a top.

Thanks but done that already....

take the fuel line off the carb and turn over the engine, it should pump gas out, if it does then focus on the carb, sounds like its the float and needle seat, I would clean it out check to see if it is sealing by holding it upside down so the float would be in the full position and blow through the fuel feed, if you hear air then that's your problem, either way replace your carb bowl gasket, it shouldn't leak out and could be messing up your fuel air mix

Can someone tell me which line goes where?.....U got a top,middle and bottom line....I have the Walbro FPC-1 round fuel pump....I think it might be wrong.....I have the top one to pulse,middle one going to carb and bottom coming in from tank....I think that is right....I am thinking off top of my head....I am at work...ahah

Do i have this right?

Here is a simple test to check that the pump is working correctly. There are 3 ends to the pump. One is pulse, one is fuel in and the other is fuel out. ( I know you know that but just for beginners ) You should be able to blow in the "IN" end of the pump and feel air coming out the "out" side ( to the carb) if you have it assembled correctly. If you blow in the "out" ( to the carb) you should not be able to feel any air coming through the "in" ( from the tank) end. What I do to make sure the pump is working correctly is put a hose on the pulse side of the pump and with the line to the tank in the fuel begin to pulse( the line hooked up to the pulse) with your mouth. You should see a good stream of fuel coming out the pump to the carb. That will eliminate the pump as the problem if it is pumping fuel.

Here is a simple test to check that the pump is working correctly. There are 3 ends to the pump. One is pulse, one is fuel in and the other is fuel out. ( I know you know that but just for beginners ) You should be able to blow in the "IN" end of the pump and feel air coming out the "out" side ( to the carb) if you have it assembled correctly. If you blow in the "out" ( to the carb) you should not be able to feel any air coming through the "in" ( from the tank) end. What I do to make sure the pump is working correctly is put a hose on the pulse side of the pump and with the line to the tank in the fuel begin to pulse( the line hooked up to the pulse) with your mouth. You should see a good stream of fuel coming out the pump to the carb. That will eliminate the pump as the problem if it is pumping fuel.
I will check it out...Thanks

It is not a fuel problem. You have your valves preloaded and that is why it will not start. Mine did the same thing. I had negative lash and it wouldn't start. Took some out she fired right up.

Thanks everyone for the advice...Tried several things and didn't work so i went back to the fuel pump....Remember i said i turned it for the lines well i went back and put it the way it came and the engine fired right up....So i guess it was the pump the whole time except for when it first started acting up and i think that was just trash....

I think the problem here was the valves were too tight.

Back