Trouble with clone cranking

ZMR25

I can not get the engine to pull the fuel up from tank.....Sometimes it will decide to but then next time will not....I have changed fuel pump,plug,coil,and cleaned out carb....What could my problem be?....Scratching my head big time...Could carb be bad?

TIA for any info..

where is your pulse line tapped in at? also do you have clamps on the lines including the the pulse line. one other thing is make sure your tank is vented well

Could it possibly be the carb?....It does seem like it floods when we pour the fuel in the line and try to crank it.....Replaced the valve cover so not sure that is problem unless it is bad....It has been running good the few times we got to race it....Just ran it this past Saturday and won 2 classes and then it started acting up....

ok....had this happen to me and the simplest solution usually works great.....had issues with mine the exact same way and it was a frustrating to say the least. called one major engine guy...he asked me where my fuel filter was located. I had placed it up on the top near the pump. I wanted to be able to see the fuel flow. he told me the carb was starving itself because the fuel filter was up too high and it was taking all the pressure it could to pull the fuel up the line to the pump and carb. thought "yeah right" shouldn't make a difference where the filter is located, but I went with his recommendation to move it down next to the frame rail...that way it wasn't hard for the pulse to keep it full and the fuel could be pulled up easier to the pump. it was the difference between night and day!! fuel has no problems being pulled through the filter way down by the frame and at the same time, it flows better up to the carb. and I went through all of it! replaced the carb, the lines, the filter and even the pump....and it was all because I wanted the filter up where I could see the flow......

Right now i have no filter from the jug(which i am using)...Only filter i have at the moment is between the pump and carb....Been running it there the last 6 races with no issues....I am about ready to throw the thing in the garbage....It is an awesome engine and hate to do that with it....

just for giggles....pull the filter out of the pump to carb line and put it down by the frame rail....can't hurt and it might solve your problem! the guy I talked so said that it's not a clogged filter, it just has to do with the pressure to pull the fuel through the paper filter....and being down by the tank makes it easier because the fuel is flowing down the hill to the filter and then the fuel pump has an easier time pulling it up the hill to the pump and carb...and the end result is that the pump and carb can work together to keep the fuel bowl full.....

yup you need the filter before the carb not after,the carb would have nothing to do with the fuel pump so if it floods when you pour fuel in it that's would be a different issue it wouldn't keep it from pumping. also what style pump do you have the rectangle metal one or the round plastic ?

I would personally puy the vacumn line in the intake.....they say you can put it on the crankcase but I have always have problems

Is the tank vented? Does it draw from the top a line hangs down in or draw from the bottom? What do you mean it floods when you pour fuel into the line, does the engine run and flood out or is fuel running out of the carburetor?

Is the tank vented? Does it draw from the top a line hangs down in or draw from the bottom? What do you mean it floods when you pour fuel into the line, does the engine run and flood out or is fuel running out of the carburetor?

Fuel runs out carb at around the bowl....Went out there and found the bowl seal is broken so could it be sucking air and not letting fuel come up?....The tank on kart is vented but i am trying to get it running by pulling the fuel out of a jug right now...

Try setting your jug high and run a line direct to the carb, gravity fed. Fix your leaks first and you must have a needle and seat or float problem as the bowl should not fill that far anyway, and that would explain the flooding. When you can get it to run gravity fed you can work backwards to the pump and tank to eliminate problems.

Try setting your jug high and run a line direct to the carb, gravity fed. Fix your leaks first and you must have a needle and seat or float problem as the bowl should not fill that far anyway, and that would explain the flooding. When you can get it to run gravity fed you can work backwards to the pump and tank to eliminate problems.

Times 2

Done tried everything i could think possible except change the carb....I have just about totally rebuilt it..lol....My shoulder hurts from pulling it so much trying to get it cranked....Done spent over $50.00 on parts to fix it...

You didn't rebuild the pump did you? I lined the marks up on my square pump and it wouldn't work . Had to turn the base around so it would suck instead of blow.

You didn't rebuild the pump did you? I lined the marks up on my square pump and it wouldn't work . Had to turn the base around so it would suck instead of blow.

Put a new one on..I did turn the top on it but i lined it up like the one i took off...

Back