trucking cost per mile???????

Twisted Karting

I am going to be traveling about 600 miles round trip with my f250 for someone here soon to pick up some racing equipment and I have no idea what to charge per mile. Also do I charge per mile plus fuel? Never done this and I want to be fair to both myself and the guy im helping.

600 miles gonna be 250.00 minimumin fuel cost. 2 days and a motel or 1 real long day. anyway you slice it . friend or realative race buddy or some one you offered to help out, I guess it don't really matter. plus a couple hundred for your time.

600 miles at an avg of 10 MPG is 60 gallons of fuel at say $3.25 thats $195 in fuel. 600 miles is about a 13 hour trip, figure what your time is worth, say $15 per hour x 13 hours = $195.

$195 Fuel plus $195 time = $390

600 miles at an avg of 10 MPG is 60 gallons of fuel at say $3.25 thats $195 in fuel. 600 miles is about a 13 hour trip, figure what your time is worth, say $15 per hour x 13 hours = $195.

$195 Fuel plus $195 time = $390

That would figure to $.65 per mile? Is that a fair charge for both parties or should I change that?

I borrowed this from another thread.............might be a cheaper option for both parties

m2motorsports is offline Junior Member

Fastenal has the best price on shipping that I found. We bought a kart from a guy in Michigan and it cost $150 to get it shipped to Texas. All you have to do is drop it off at fastenal store nearest you and that person picks it up at the fastenal near them. He wrapped it in ceran wrap all over and secured it to an old pallet and it came just fine.

If you can't do a good estimate of fuel costs just make an arrangement with your buddy for him to pay your actual fuel costs, and leave town with a full tank (paid by you) and fill up when you get home, giving fuel receipts to your buddy to reimburse you. About 3 cents per mile covers the cost of oil changes and tires, which is only $18.00 for this trip.

For my friend I would do it for the cost of fuel and enjoy getting out and seeing the country. It should also be an easy 1-day trip if you leave early and the transaction and loading doesn't take very long. Oh, try to get a good snack and dinner budget out of your buddy, too!

That would figure to $.65 per mile? Is that a fair charge for both parties or should I change that?

that's pretty close to what the goverment allows on your taxes, also what my employer pays for travel .
road dog has it right. fill it up hand them the recipts all is good. one advantage of the pick it up on site is you see what you get and you have the item. hey you coulda just been sittin on the couch.

I borrowed this from another thread.............might be a cheaper option for both parties

m2motorsports is offline Junior Member

Fastenal has the best price on shipping that I found. We bought a kart from a guy in Michigan and it cost $150 to get it shipped to Texas. All you have to do is drop it off at fastenal store nearest you and that person picks it up at the fastenal near them. He wrapped it in ceran wrap all over and secured it to an old pallet and it came just fine.

Im picking up 5 karts for someone, shipping is not an option lol

yea that's a job more than a favor. my initial assessment is gonna be pretty close .cost for your time is the only unknown. 3 hundred miles one way is not a big ride, time to load up and complete the deal : going to burn some here. could do in a day , lots of coffee getin home by 12am leavein at 6am.

yea you may save some time. that's a benfit to you. ya never know whats gonna happen . traffic construction flat tire lost food and fuel stops restroom driving awards. a 60 mph average is 80 mph running speed,. roughly

I don't truck, but was thinking $150 per kart would be fair if I was sending em....

obviously there's economy of scale in the numbers of karts...

I am going to be traveling about 600 miles round trip with my f250 for someone here soon to pick up some racing equipment and I have no idea what to charge per mile. Also do I charge per mile plus fuel? Never done this and I want to be fair to both myself and the guy im helping.
Key here is fair to both obviously it is some one he knows.
fuel and food would get it done for me . provided The person was ridin along if not its more job related than a favor. then Id need some incentive a franklin maybe 2.

Back