Tygon tubing 5/16 ID

sundog

Do any of your favorite kart shops carry Tygon fuel tube with 5/16 ID? With the 6mm tubing rule even 1/4" tygon tubing will shrink down enough to get DQ. Just took some 1/4" off my friends kart and hard to get a 6mm bolt through it.

I do not think real Tygon shrinks. The cheap imitations do. Frankly, I never considered that shrunk tubing could cause a DQ but I suppose you are correct. Doesn't hurt to be safe, but, in my opinion, a tech guy that would dq someone for that is being overly zealous.

While tech could gauge your fuel line, I think they will just do a visual for a "normal" size line (1/4) with nothing inserted inside to impede flow.

The actual Tygon line doesn't shrink in my experience. It tends to get softer over time. At least over The season. I change every winter anyways. Cheap insurance and the new line just looks better. I can't imagine this resulting in a DQ from any legitimate tech guy either. That is certainly not what Briggs was intending with this change.

The actual Tygon line doesn't shrink in my experience. It tends to get softer over time. At least over The season. I change every winter anyways. Cheap insurance and the new line just looks better. I can't imagine this resulting in a DQ from any legitimate tech guy either. That is certainly not what Briggs was intending with this change.
I agree. Change it after 3 or 4 months just to be safe but Ive had Tygon on an alky motored kart for a lot longer than that and its just now starting to harden and shrink. Like 6 months.

Running gas and yes it took a long time to shrink but it shrunk.
Weird stuff happens to Tygon Tubing , it leach out oils from tubing after a long period of time of non use . From inside and outside of tubing , it can be flushed off and out of tubing . It doesn’t seem harm the tubing though. This real Tygon tubing

While tech could gauge your fuel line, I think they will just do a visual for a "normal" size line (1/4) with nothing inserted inside to impede flow.
read GAB above, he is correct, If we find old hard gas line that may be a tad undersize you'll probably be told to just replace it. and here is a tip for you, if you push on the gas line first it will pull off a lot easier.

Back