U.S. Wheel Studs

"DWT SSA kart wheels are available in 5 with applications to fit both American and European hub bolt patterns.

3 on 58mm: 3 bolts at 58mm apart measured from the outside of one stud to the outside of the next stud. Most European made karts.
3 on 67mm: 3 bolts at 67mm apart measured from the oustide of one stud to the outside of the next stud. CRG front wheel pattern.
3 on 2 1/2": 3 bolts at 2 1/2" apart measured from the outside of one stud to the outside of the next stud. Some American made karts.

Doing it that way, you need to know the diameter of the bolts, or holes. You actually need to know the bolt circle. If you knew the centre to centre measurement it would be better if you're going to do it this way.

If you want the centre to centre measurement, and you have a digital micrometer, measure 1 bolt, or one whole, zero out the micrometer, then measure the bolt OD or hole ID and you get the centre to centre measurement. With the centre to centre measurement, it still involves some tricky math. If you want, I have a CAD/CAM program and I could do the math to find the bolt circle. Just give me the bolt diameter, or the hole diameter, and the distance between the centers, or the outside distance if you don't have digital micrometers.

If the OD between 2 bolts is 58 millimeters, the bolt circle would be 2.272" diameter for 3 5/16 bolts.

So you see it makes a difference what size bolts your measuring across.

Back