UAS/Empire Banquet

Swindle

Site Supporter
I have always wanted to have a Banquet for the Empire Region. Every time we have had a chance to get together after or away from the races, it has always been fun. I have been talking to some hotels in the Pocono's figuring it was halfway for the New York and Pennsylvania racers. One place that is looking promising is in Jim Thorpe. It is a Restaurant with a bar/dining area in the basement. They will rent us a room that will hold 40 easily that has 3 TV in it. I thought while we are eating we could play races from the past. I have seen some of these races and they are really fun to watch. We will have Dinner and pass out some awards to the Empire Members. Also there will be some door prizes. One prize I have already is a new suitcase stick welder. I would like to do a 50/50. Hopefully we can have music some how so we can dance. Gotta have dancing for Garde. There will also be a bar. The woman says we have to buy at least $1000 worth or else there is a bar charge. I don't think we will have a problem there! The Date is Feb. 2, 2019. Now Bergfelt mentioned that he might like to pass out National Awards there also. This is open to anyone and your Family from any Region. Is anyone else interested in something like this. I would have to have some firm numbers by Thanksgiving. Let me know. Steve Sr.

So far the planning for the Banquet is coming along very well. About 90% of the paid Empire Members will be attending. The Banquet will be held at the Broadway Pub and Grill which is at the Inn at Jim Thorpe. Mark Bergfelt will be there and plans on passing out some of the National Awards. We will be having a nice dinner, some time to mingle and watch the 3 TV's that will be showing a lot of our old races. There will be almost $4000 passed out to the Empire Members. There will be some door prizes, one is a suit case welder which can do stick and tig welding. We probably will have a 50/50 drawing. It should be a very nice and fun night. Some of us will be staying over night at the Inn. If you are interested in coming to the Banquet, let me know so we have an idea how many table to set up. Think about it and let me know, Thanks

Steve, I can wait to see some of my racing family at this event. Its going to be a real good time to fantasy about the pass and talk about what is new for the future in UAS racing world. See you guys there and thanks. Ruben

Ruben, We have the room rented from 7:00 PM to 11:00 PM. There are 4 meals we can choose from, Chicken Francaise, Petite Filet Mignon, Vegetarian Risotto, or Wild Alaskan Salmon. That includes Dessert, Tea or Coffee. The price on the meal is $40, which includes tax and gratuity. I was hoping they would collect the money for the meal but they want us to do it and just pay one bill so some how I have to collect it, which is really didn't want to be involved in. We'll deal with it Saturday. I hope the TV's with our old races works well, the Boys and I are going up Friday night to try and get that straight. Also after the meal, awards, 50/50, and some prize drawings there will be some music if anyone wants to dance. About every 5th song will be a slow one. I hope some of the older Empire and/or Regions who ran with us will stop by. It should be a great time with the people we race with! Take Care, Steve Windle Sr.

That sounds great. I think it would be a great thing to spread through most UAS regions. It is part of the spirit, camaraderie, right?

Great event. Thanks for the invite. Great time with fantastic people.
Thanks a lot for coming Tim. I had a great time. I thought we had a really good turn. We were so lucky with the weather. I enjoyed the times before the Banquet too, wish I could have had breakfast with everyone the next morning. Things seem to be getting better with Dad, time will tell. Take Care Man, see you this summer.

Steve what a nice time Meg and I had.It was fun to have her meet everyone. Thx for fixing the raffle, now i can practice some tig welding.
Hope next year we can do it again,same time same place would be great. Hope your Dad is doing okay. Thank you again for making it happen.

Back