UAS GRAND NATIONAL

Ok I'll get it started Seay has to be the favorite probably 9:5 odds. Then maybe Yow 7:2 who else can get it done? later Chuck. I'm waiting Mr. Bob.lol

Pretty sad state when you only draw 26 karts for the "GRAND NATIONAL". I wonder if the raceiver or poor promotion was the culprit? later Chuck.

Qualifying sheets, showed 38 but hey, who's counting lol.

Attachments

• 20220917_132730.jpg
    20220917_132730.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 102
I thought it was north of 40, I know Chris Hegar dropped out before qualifying with an issue. Not sure if anyone else did.

On a separate note, the main event was kinda ridiculous in my opinion. Wrecking on pace laps 🤦. Some other issues I didn't understand. Why did Cope get put to the back? Anyone know?

I thought it was north of 40, I know Chris Hegar dropped out before qualifying with an issue. Not sure if anyone else did.

On a separate note, the main event was kinda ridiculous in my opinion. Wrecking on pace laps 🤦. Some other issues I didn't understand. Why did Cope get put to the back? Anyone know?
Yeah, I don't know how much anyone can hold the officials responsible for every incident.
I certainly don't want to see the efforts of those who spent their time money to attend to be diminished in any way.
Yes some karts broke in practice and that lowered the official kart count.
As far as the main event goes it's very hard to get that many high hp jockeys to behave all at the same time for 20 laps.
I did see guys run over each other on the parade lap.
That sucks but it happens.
I believe Cope was sent the back for pulling out of line and stopping under caution.
I cannot attest to the rule that violated. Possibly because he received some assistance to his kart, I don't know.

Some aggressive driving was pretty evident, but then it's a National title on the line, so polite kinda goes out the window, and I'm not sure I would want anyone to not want the title less than the other guy.
Let's just recognize it's part of what happens, race hard and survive to the end.
No doubt there are some very disappointed people and others are elated.
Great day, loved the racing, loved the give it all everyone displayed.

I'm sure there are many reasons why many did not attend...but let's not ignore the obvious...for many, the cost of traveling great distances is simply too much. I myself tried to put pencil and paper to it...roughly $400-$500 for gas, $200-$300 for motel, $200-$300 for food/drink, whatever the cost of entry/pit passes was...then the costs for tires/race fuel/oil and other misc and you're easily looking at upwards of $2,000 or more to race for a weekend....maybe to some that's not a big amount of money, but for folks like me that the current state of inflation in this country has zapped up a big portion of our "expendable income", we are forced to becoming spectators/non participants of great events like this...every event has its struggles but saying some questionable driving or some moments of disorganization as the main reasons for less than desired turnout is really unreasonable imo...sorry, rant over...

Chris blew up his motor. Long drive not to have a backup kart or at least motor.

Back