uas nationals

What are the pits like at Dumplin Valley? Some of these guys have some big outfits. It's been a long time since I've been there. My sister used to live in Knoxville and I went by to check it out.
Mike

I call back....LOL. With your's you get a message that your mailbox is full! I know, you don't know how to work it.....

I'm coming to get karts and engine this coming week..
Mike

I believe you can talk with Kent Hollifield, he's been working pretty hard on a UAS support class that has a rules package that helps the kt100 guys . I know he's like to get it added to the GN

I've already started making plans to attend. Doubt I'll bring the 450 out to compete with you guys that have been doing this for so long. But, I'd love to get some track time. Might run the "open" class if the rules allow Wedge bodies. I know some don't. Still going to be an awesome event and I can't wait till this rolls around.

What are the pits like at Dumplin Valley? Some of these guys have some big outfits. It's been a long time since I've been there. My sister used to live in Knoxville and I went by to check it out.
Mike

Hey Mike i don't see this being an issue. The pits should be plenty large enough to accommodate.

Hey Mike i don't see this being an issue. The pits should be plenty large enough to accommodate.

Oh, I wasn't concerned about space. I was concerned about everyone getting a flat spot. It takes a lot of land to park 40 racers, and that's only the UAS class. I might be confusing DV with Beechnut though. I know a good deal of Beechnut's parking was on a hillside. I'm sure someone can set me straight.
Mike

I'm sure someone can set me straight.
Mike[/QUOTE]

Now Mike u know better than that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike I believe they just ran the Burris event there, The Dumplin crew ran over 100 entrys, in a efficient well run day.

100 entries can easily be 50 karts.
It's a simple question....are the pits flat or are they on a hill? If they are what I remember, there is a track level pit area that is smallish and a good part of it is on a slope. We don't have $120 engines. If some isn't used to how they have to park a kart stand on a slope, the next thing they know, their $7000+ kart isn't on a stand anymore.
It's a legitimate question. If the pits have been enlarged and flattened, GREAT! If not, it can be a serious concern when you have to park 10 or more rigs that are over 60' long. Those guys can't be parking on a slope. I'm looking for an answer from someone that knows.....100%, what we should expect.
If they are looking to have other classes, you could easily have 100 trailers there. I don't recall there being that kind of space on the pit level near the track. Pushing a kart up and down a hill 10 times a day isn't most people's idea of fun. There isn't much flat ground in that part of the country.
Please don't take this as me trying to create an issue. The pits are what they are. If they don't have the space for 70+ trailers on flat ground, that's likely to be an issue. Me bringing it up is just mentioning the obvious. Not mentioning it, is hiding from reality. With that said, it has been 07 since I have been there so a lot can change in a week, much less 5-6 years.
So, it would be great to just stop the back and forth and just have someone that really knows, answer the question.....can you park that big of the crowd on flat ground?
Thanks,
Mike

I was a little low Mike 219 entrys at Dumplin Valley for their Burris Fall Nationals, Just looking at the pics form the website I don't see a issue with parking. looks as good as anything I've seen.

http://www.thevalleyraceway.com/gallery/thevalley/ scroll down the pictures on the left you'll see a nice pic of the pits.

If they can handle that crowd for the Burris Nationals I think they'll do ok with the UAS Nationals.

Back