uas nationals

Mike, I'm sure you will not take this right but here goes:
You need to start looking for the Positives things! The negatives you come up with are eating up all your time!

In Mike's defense, I remember seeing people pitting up a hill from the grid. Any pictures of the entire pit area? If there are we can put that one to rest. Surely the folks that chose it for the GN took some pictures while they were there?

When I looked at this on Google Maps, I thought the pits looked great, the entrance and exit to the track was concrete or asphalt, and the track looked very wide if they run the whole track in.

I was a little low Mike 219 entrys at Dumplin Valley for their Burris Fall Nationals, Just looking at the pics form the website I don't see a issue with parking. looks as good as anything I've seen.

http://www.thevalleyraceway.com/gallery/thevalley/ scroll down the pictures on the left you'll see a nice pic of the pits.

If they can handle that crowd for the Burris Nationals I think they'll do ok with the UAS Nationals.

Awesome.....good to hear.
Mike

Mike, I'm sure you will not take this right but here goes:
You need to start looking for the Positives things! The negatives you come up with are eating up all your time!

Not at all. I just remember a hill and guys parking straight up it....and stuff rolling out of the back of the trailers. There again, it was a long time ago. I was never disputing there is parking. Guys from that area know what to expect. Another possible issue is that if they attempt to include us with a regular show, that could present issues. Many of the tracks I go to have reserved parking. They usually reserve the best spots.
Everything could have changed. It was a concern I remember about. That's all. There are many months to go before this event. Now's the time to get anything out in the open, not show up and go....UH, what now? That happened the first year in Lasosky. We had no water, no food, and no toilet paper. Being prepared isn't negative. It's being prepared. The track is great. I don't have any idea what the concessions are or the bathrooms. It just didn't stand out at the time so I have forgotten.

The UAS guys are a resilient crowd, no matter what.
Mike

Mike when I talked to Steve at Dumplin, he was looking at putting together a small support program, This will be a UAS National event. It will be the main show of the day. All other classes will be to support the UAS event. allow for time in between parctise, qualifying, heat races and feature, Steve said it was perfect timing for them due to the local racing was done, all the kids heading back to school ect.

There's a full committee on the job Mike, Joe Torres is no rookie either, Not to mention Dumplin has a full crew all well versed in the operations of that track, They ran the Burris National 219 entrys and were done and out the door by 8:00 PM. Steve is already working the schedule. This will be the best UAS GN ever. write it down I said it. LOL.

I attend the Fall Shoot out races at DVR every year and have witnessed upwards of 350 entries at these events (this is a separate race from the Burris Fall Nationals they hosted this year). I have never seen them struggle with running a large show and accommodating the racers. I am guessing, but I don't think anyone that wants a flat pit spot will not be provided with one. DVR has always provided clean restrooms with toilet paper, concessions, a great crew running the show, and running water that everyone has access to and it is centrally located. I don't have any affiliation with the track, I just like it because of my experiences racing there. Their will be a lot of local excitement about the UAS Nationals coming. I hope all of you guys can make it. I love to see karting grow, and I think the UAS, Open, and RWYB classes are growing right now and hope they continue to.

Joe is no rookie....and no doubt well qualified....for sure.
Looks like he's a perfect choice for a promoter, in his neck of the woods.
Seems odd to ask a gentleman (Joe) to wrangle a race, at a track, so far from the
area he's intimately familiar with.

Perhaps no one who functions in the geographic area of the race site track is qualified to run the show for the UAS championship race??

I attend the Fall Shoot out races at DVR every year and have witnessed upwards of 350 entries at these events (this is a separate race from the Burris Fall Nationals they hosted this year). I have never seen them struggle with running a large show and accommodating the racers. I am guessing, but I don't think anyone that wants a flat pit spot will not be provided with one. DVR has always provided clean restrooms with toilet paper, concessions, a great crew running the show, and running water that everyone has access to and it is centrally located. I don't have any affiliation with the track, I just like it because of my experiences racing there. Their will be a lot of local excitement about the UAS Nationals coming. I hope all of you guys can make it. I love to see karting grow, and I think the UAS, Open, and RWYB classes are growing right now and hope they continue to.

Wes is spot on with this. I’ve been to the track a couple of times in the last year and it is a great race track with great facilities. IMO - The crew there is more than qualified to manage the event and they have an announcer that is slated to be there that is 2nd to none (not sure if that deal is inked yet so I’ll let UAS let that one out of the bag).

With the support classes that they are putting together and the track itself that the competitors will be racing on, this should be one overall great happening. If you miss the 2014 UAS nationals…..I think you’ll regret it.

Kurt

Back