UAS setup

kartboy63

How much different is the setup numbers on a UAS kart, say with a Jawa , than a kart with a clone. We just getting into UAS and was wondering if you run more cross or left side than a clone style setup.

Currently running a 131 a Stroker 131 sudam on a 2018 prc Minecon...most success running way lower than factory specs on cross and a few points higher on left...mainly in an effort to keep the kart a tick on the free side to better be able to stay on the pipe thru the corners...

Limited knowledge on the Jawa...suspect with a radiator and such all on the right side of the center line of the kart chassis, that in of itself would create a need for more static left side weight to keep the balance of the kart in a more beneficial position...

The Jawa has no radiator, or transmission like the honda, but it is still as heavy, about 90lbs. The cylinder and head are way forward, it lays down like a v-twin with just the front cylinder, and it is a very long stroke, it puts a lot of weight forward, its not straight up like the 450 Honda. What I see on here are most people telling me to run less cross and more left side weight.

Bud, They can all tell you what"THEY" think most have not driven Big HP. Most people think Big HP is a open small block , while they have good power they don't have the weight nor anything close to the power of some of the mx engines. My suggestions would be to get it on the track someware and test. Pretty small chance of unloading perfect the first time out. UAS or RWYB just doesn't equate chassis wise to the stock stuff. I'm done later Chuck

Bud, They can all tell you what"THEY" think most have not driven Big HP. Most people think Big HP is a open small block , while they have good power they don't have the weight nor anything close to the power of some of the mx engines. My suggestions would be to get it on the track someware and test. Pretty small chance of unloading perfect the first time out. UAS or RWYB just doesn't equate chassis wise to the stock stuff. I'm done later Chuck
start low ls and cross.

I run a Buller arrow LT { old } with a Taft 250 and I run a lot of left rear , you will have to work on it a lot to make it work

If you have a clone floater sprocket hub get it off before you try to run it , get a heavy hub with fine thread bolts , do you have a large heavy brake disk , you need on if the throttle sticks

Back