Ultra-tight?! Please help!

Hurt their wallet or break their neck !
Are you saying that a change in stagger is a dangerous thing to try? I think you might want to take that back.
It may cost you some money, buying different sets of tires for different track conditions, but come on, people change stagger all the time with no problems.

Comments, Complements, Criticisms and Questions are always welcome.

Al, is your spreadsheet is always calculating the widest possible arc? Sometimes that's not the fastest line, and sometimes you want the stagger matched in different parts of the corner.
I suppose it's ok for a starting point, but, then again, an inch (or anything for that matter) is a good starting point. :)

My spreadsheet has input for turn radius, tire circumference and rear tread width, center to center.
You enter the turn radius, (any number you want) the C-C of the rear tread width and then adjust the left side tire circumference until the right side tire circumference matches your tire.
It’s just a starting point, what’s the problem?
It would help if people would post the turn diameter of the tracks they’re running. Just giving the track length doesn’t help much. I mean, if you tell people the length of the track, that tells you nothing about the turns or the length of the straights.

Can someone please help to get my 07 Inferno turning?! Its always been really tight center off. Cross is at 63.5 with caster at factory setting (8 and 10 i think it is) 46 nose, 58 left. Raced 1 1/2 stagger front last time with 1 1/4 rear stagger. RF camber is -3.25, LF camber is +.5. Also i run clone heavy (375). Been thinking of taking cross out and adding 2 degrees of caster in the RF to get it turned down in but not sure. Even with less front stagger its still tight. Getting my butt kicked center off every week and getting tired of it! Help please!

I used to have that kart. Raced it at an indoor bullring and had the same issue. One night, switched the LR out with a spare LF and WHAMO. Fast. Add rear stagger and keep it simple.

That makes me wonder; if he was wrong on the length of the track, what would that have to do with my spreadsheet? Just wondering.
And if the track is 900 feet long, how does that tell you what stagger to run? Or even what gear. Again; just wondering.

Bad input yields bad output. People don't measure tracks properly. Offering them an input that is guaranteed faulty is guaranteeing bad results.

Track size doesn't tell you how much stagger to use or what gear to run, past the very general premise that smaller tracks need bigger stagger and more gear than bigger tracks.

Ths single most accurate measure of track distance is average rpms x effective gear ratio/ lap time. fwiw

Back