Caster L4. R7
Camber L +4. R 2.75
Toe L0 R +1/8

Fr. 47.6
L 58.75
Cross 54.1

L8psi R10psi
Slightly better when insides to 10psi also

In general the kart is always closer to understeer, never loose. I was planning to up the nose weight to 48.5 and maybe a little more left side, but curious if there is anything else I should try.

Another thing, I’m a short guy with the remnants of a beer gut, 5’4 165lbs, and the idea of too low a VCG has come up more than once, is moving the seat up 3/4in a terrible idea? Or is that more of a last resort.

Just looking at your numbers, I would change a couple things, but let’s start with;
track size & how much stagger front/rear ?

My boy has your issue, without the beer (his is pizza) he’s 5’5“ and 195#. His seats are 3/4-1” higher on his asphalt and dirt karts than most run.

I’m not entirely sure on track size since the pavement got put down, they called it 3/16 of a mile when it was dirt.

I ran 1 1/2 front and rear previous race, and 1 1/4 front and rear most recent race. Rescaled to very similar numbers each time. I don’t think it made much difference either way, but the previous race with more stagger We had other issues throughout the night so hard to directly say one was worse or better.

Mine is all pizza and burgers now, haven’t drank in a few years, I don’t make enough money for booze and racing, at least not the way I used to do it. Haha

Ok stagger looks good at 1.25 F/R
We’ve almost always ran Phenoms on asphalt, but took the Triton out a few times and it was just as fast.
Here’s what I would change,
Caster 6 L 8 R both blocks back hole closest to seat.
Camber LF +.25
Toe- R 0 L out 1/16-1/8
Nose 46.6-47
Left 59.5-60
7/9 or 8/10 air

I was wondering the same thing. About a month ago we seemed pretty good in the heat race. As the night went on and the sunset, the track tightened up and we pushed like a dump truck from the center off. Should we be taking cross away?

I was wondering the same thing. About a month ago we seemed pretty good in the heat race. As the night went on and the sunset, the track tightened up and we pushed like a dump truck from the center off. Should we be taking cross away?
Depends on what your set up numbers are now and which chassis.

a heavy front wants plow forward. down force and a a heavy front end are not the same. lead does not want to change direction. the weight is acting on centrifugal force as well unlike down force.
a 425 kart needs more grip than a 330 kart.
"a big engine is faster on the straits, a light car is faster on the straits and corners." Colin Chapman

a heavy front wants plow forward. down force and a a heavy front end are not the same. lead does not want to change direction. the weight is acting on centrifugal force as well unlike down force.
"a big engine is faster on the straits, a light car is faster on the straits and corners." Colin Chapman
I can see this if nose weight is extremely excessive, the seraph on dirt needed excessive nose compared to anything else, don't know why it would be different on asphalt. This response has no explanation to reducing LF pos camber, which is what my last reply was to.

A lite rear wants to snap loose

Depending on how much you had to start with yes, you could of also added rear stagger. The asphalt tracks we run get looser when the sun goes down

A lite rear wants to snap loose
how does a kart snap loose? how Are you able to get to the apex? is it loose going in? your kart is heading into the turn faster than leaving it. either you don't have enough grip at the apex when the kart is at its limit changing direction or you are blipping the throttle in the turn creating trailing throttle over steer. accelerating out of the corner from the apex your kart should gain grip through transfer of weight to the rear. a correctly set up race car will have a slight push on exit .

Very simple a kart with to much nose will pop loose on entry because the front has to much grip, it will pop loose long before causing a push like you explain.

how does a kart snap loose? how Are you able to get to the apex? is it loose going in? your kart is heading into the turn faster than leaving it. either you don't have enough grip at the apex when the kart is at its limit changing direction or you are blipping the throttle in the turn creating trailing throttle over steer. accelerating out of the corner from the apex your kart should gain grip through transfer of weight to the rear. a correctly set up race car will have a slight push on exit .
Again no explanation of how removing LF pos camber is going to help his situation.

Back