Upcoming RUSH crate program into karting with mandatory Hoosier tires questions

To bad these tracks don’t get together and each pick a date and have there own series ,have money for senior clone, and possibly jr clone,trophies for predators,open tire rule and one tech official to follow the series,they get 40plus karts at state line for there $1000 to win, all these tracks would have record entries,this rush deal won’t work in this area ,at least with many karters,maybe big cars kids, that’s about it
Favorite race of the year, Mark did say he’s splitting it this year into twin $500 to win, we’ll see what happens.

If they send tire samples to a lab to be tested and they have been ran on a track where prepped tires have also been ran they will fail the test, they will not conform to Hoosiers benchmarks

Probably not. We've had our prep sail through the supposed "lab analysis" and there's nothing that we offer that isn't easily detected (even by your nose!)
What little bit would be picked up from the track will be negligible in the PPM sample they take. Not saying that it couldn't show up, but highly unlikely. You'd have to soak a tire pretty hard to get it to fail (that's sure been the case with big car tires.)

I know absolutely nothing about the series or it's promoters. I know the tracks and several racers in the area - some considering running this series. I've received dozens of calls about the tires already.
If they are serious about promoting the series to kart racers, then they need to get on board with some of the common safety rules of kart chassis ("quick release steering wheel on a flat kart highly recommended" is a scary though for a parents and insurance underwriters alike.)

Another thing they had better do as promoters, is get on here and answer questions in their threads. If Bob has to delete them, then there's obviously been a problem. I'm all for using social media and getting some free publicity, but throw the site owner a bone or two I'm thinking. Is keeping track of your started threads/posts and payin for what you are getting too much to ask a "promoter" of a high profile series?

Being that the tires are to be purchased through the series, etc, there's not much reason for other businesses to help support the deal (financial or technical) I am thinking. Rather than getting karting businesses to sponsor classes, etc, they are going about this in a very different fashion. Right or wrong, it'll be interesting to see how it is supported and how successful they can be with this business strategy.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Probably not. We've had our prep sail through the supposed "lab analysis" and there's nothing that we offer that isn't easily detected (even by your nose!)
What little bit would be picked up from the track will be negligible in the PPM sample they take. Not saying that it couldn't show up, but highly unlikely. You'd have to soak a tire pretty hard to get it to fail (that's sure been the case with big car tires.)

I know absolutely nothing about the series or it's promoters. I know the tracks and several racers in the area - some considering running this series. I've received dozens of calls about the tires already.
If they are serious about promoting the series to kart racers, then they need to get on board with some of the common safety rules of kart chassis ("quick release steering wheel on a flat kart highly recommended" is a scary though for a parents and insurance underwriters alike.)

Another thing they had better do as promoters, is get on here and answer questions in their threads. If Bob has to delete them, then there's obviously been a problem. I'm all for using social media and getting some free publicity, but throw the site owner a bone or two I'm thinking. Is keeping track of your started threads/posts and payin for what you are getting too much to ask a "promoter" of a high profile series?

Being that the tires are to be purchased through the series, etc, there's not much reason for other businesses to help support the deal (financial or technical) I am thinking. Rather than getting karting businesses to sponsor classes, etc, they are going about this in a very different fashion. Right or wrong, it'll be interesting to see how it is supported and how successful they can be with this business strategy.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

My knowledge comes from big car tires and knowing how sensitive the test are. It’s according to which lab is used in what you can get by with. If your preps got by a lab then that lab is horrible. I know some LM guys that had chemist trying to come up with preps to pass and couldn’t, stuff as small as overspray on heim joint lubricant was showing up

Depends on whether the prep is internal or external.
Most of the active components of tire prep are paint reducers, so their primary function is to evaporate leaving no trace.

Years ago at a WKA national race @ Chapel Hill, had a brand new LF Firestone disqualified after the heat race. I’m like you guys just mounted this set and I don’t even have any prep in the trailer, then the guy asked me if it was a used wheel or new. It was used and I never washed it, funny though because all my wheels were used and never washed and that was the only one that failed.

Years ago at a WKA national race @ Chapel Hill, had a brand new LF Firestone disqualified after the heat race. I’m like you guys just mounted this set and I don’t even have any prep in the trailer, then the guy asked me if it was a used wheel or new. It was used and I never washed it, funny though because all my wheels were used and never washed and that was the only one that failed.
Richie had that Legend tire fail because the track (Wall?) put traction compound down. Got suspended and everything over it.

My knowledge comes from big car tires and knowing how sensitive the test are. It’s according to which lab is used in what you can get by with. If your preps got by a lab then that lab is horrible. I know some LM guys that had chemist trying to come up with preps to pass and couldn’t, stuff as small as overspray on heim joint lubricant was showing up

Same here -- that's why I said this:
"What little bit would be picked up from the track will be negligible in the PPM sample they take. Not saying that it couldn't show up, but highly unlikely. You'd have to soak a tire pretty hard to get it to fail (that's sure been the case with big car tires.)"

Some preps are getting past lab testing at some of the biggest (big car) races in the country. This is fact. On the other hand, I suspect that some guys are getting busted for having higher levels of VOCs, etc in their tires simply because they are fresher from the factory, contaminated sample collection, or faulty testing itself. It could even be a vindictive tech man, lab tech, or even the series wanting to make an example out of someone. If there's a motive, there is a possibility of foul play (on both sides.) Within the $80 or so to test a tire, there's only so much that is being looked at. I would compare it to a video review of a foul/penalty in some other sports -- unless it's obvious enough to make a clear call with some real level of certainty, it's being overlooked.

FWIW, I don't sell, or advertise, ANY prep as "undetectable" or that it will pass certain tests. To me, I would think it's pretty obvious to a 7th grader using a home chemistry kit.

The testing that I’m familiar with cost over $1000 a sample so I’d say it’s alittle more in depth than a $80 test. So I’d say a you could get by with a lot more on it

Yes, I think it went well. Good discussions on the engine rules (valve spring and header) and tire rules. Vicki and her crew took notes from the racer's concerns and they are going to discuss them. There was an explanation on the engine cost which they have Ingram Racing Engines looking at the engines measuring the cam and carb to keep each engine as close to the same performance as the next. They explained how they will do the tire samples to be tested. The lab they use assures they can tell the difference between incidental contact with tire prep vs out right soaking the tires. A lot of information to take in it'll definitely be interesting to see how everything plays out.

Best of luck! All they are doing now is forcing prep guys and companies to come up with undetectable chemicals. It can and will be done and then your prep cost just doubled or tripled if you want to be even close to the top guys. Unfortunately, this is racing. The big money guys will spend $5000 to win $1000 its been like that since racing inception. At least with open tire and open prep rules, even the budget guys can bolt on that magic set every now and then and be competitive, you know- even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile!

Question, is Rush going to have their people at each track, enforcing their rules, no prep in trailer, no michron, proper tires, etc., or is each track going to be responsible? Those who attended the meeting may know?

Back