Update to Inherent Push post!

1fasttiller

So just to update any that care and all that helped I want to say thanks!!! Laying his seat back was the missing link that we've fought for so long!!! The kart is finally loose and can take some cross! We ran our local points series race this past Friday night, where my son dominated the Jr2 class. Won the heat from the rear and lead every lap of the feature. He did have a kart in 2nd get real close to him a few times and look under but she couldn't make the pass. Sadly, we also beat a few big money guys from the Florida state series and they all cried we were cheating. The tech guys fiddled with our carb and plate for 15mins trying to find something and then went to pull the black heat spacer off the motor and tore the brittle green gasket, then proceed to tell me we were being DQ'd because of this tear and that it was a deliberate attempt to gain power! He said they've seen this trick for years and it was unacceptable.. I couldn't help but laugh and started to argue but realized it would have taught my son nothing. I have a very good suspicion there were some pockets being filled at this race...

Last edited:
DQ'd because of a tear that they made ?
Sad.
'Course that small tear is worth 2.25HP so I guess it was justified. /sarc
(I put a super-small amount of grease on my gaskets at install to help stop the sticking.)

Last edited:
DQ'd because of a tear that they made ?
Sad.
'Course that small tear is worth 2.25HP so I guess it was justified.
(I put a super-small amount of grease on my gaskets at install to help stop the sticking.)

Yes sir, sadly so. I really think they would have found something regardless. We've been picked on at this track before.

Are you serious about the 2.25hp or was that sarcasm? My experience has always taught me that a vacuum leak at the intake like that was very bad and hurt performance? I just can't fathom it...

Great tip about the grease, I'll certainly begin doing that!

So many variables to consider! If you are already running rich, adding a little air could lean it out. Keep that in mind when you put the new gasket in. Who built the engine? It's an old trick, a tear in the gasket, but you have to compensate with more fuel.
I used to use high-tac spray on my Mc head gaskets. Sealed great and the head would come off with absolutely no problem.

So just to update any that care and all that helped I want to say thanks!!! Laying his seat back was the missing link that we've fought for so long!!! The kart is finally loose and can take some cross! We ran our local points series race this past Friday night, where my son dominated the Jr2 class. Won the heat from the rear and lead every lap of the feature. He did have a kart in 2nd get real close to him a few times and look under but she couldn't make the pass. Sadly, we also beat a few big money guys from the Florida state series and they all cried we were cheating. The tech guys fiddled with our carb and plate for 15mins trying to find something and then went to pull the black heat spacer off the motor and tore the brittle green gasket, then proceed to tell me we were being DQ'd because of this tear and that it was a deliberate attempt to gain power! He said they've seen this trick for years and it was unacceptable.. I couldn't help but laugh and started to argue but realized it would have taught my son nothing. I have a very good suspicion there were some pockets being filled at this race...
Keep in mind your seat is still mounted higher than most for the class your running.

At 12" off the axle, I just can't see laying it back anymore. I don't know if its the seat design or what but if I laid it back anymore he'd be horizontal! lol
Thought I remembered picture showing a normal lay back seat, BUT even so the bottom of the seat was still to high, just pointing out there is more tweaking can be done as you progress.

Thought I remembered picture showing a normal lay back seat, BUT even so the bottom of the seat was still to high, just pointing out there is more tweaking can be done as you progress.
I think it has a much higher seatback than normal, I do have the seat bottom approx level with the top of the frame rails now, with the seatback exactly 12" off the axle. Kart is more loose now than we've ever had it.

Back