Upgrade to the latest home wifi cheap

paulkish

old fart
I got this wifi 6 router for $35 on Amazon(it's now $59) and 2 "mesh" wifi 6 extenders.

A router is an easy swap.
All you need to do is configure your new router with the exact name(SSID) and exact password of the old router.
Then just shut down your old router, plug in the new and everything you have on the network will wifi into the new router.

You then give both extenders the same name(SSID with _2GEXT and _5Gg_5GEXT) after your routers SSID.
The extenders will then work together letting you go from near one to near the other.
I have the router between the two extenders and when I get farther away from one extender and down to about 2 bars of signal it automatically switches my wifi to the other extender.

Attachments

• router.jpg
    router.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 10
  • router2.jpg
    router2.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 11
I have not tried to make the extenders and the router have the same SSID and password.
That's next, wish me luck.

info; Do not use the "use only one internet name" thing
Also I use my pc to setup because I had an issue with the nighthawk app so I don't use the nighthawk app and my phone

I just made both extenders have the same SSID's as the router and set the extenders(>>>not the router<<<) to "enable one wifi name".
Didn't make a vegetable out of anything. ... :)

I think I now have 2 extenders and my main router all in mesh accepting a sign-on from my phone or laptop anywhere on my property or 4 or 5 houses down the street. ... :)
1 router and haven't had a need for any extenders, not even if I'm in the shop
https://rog.asus.com/us/networking/rog-rapture-gt-ax11000-model/
Good numbers on your router.
I know Netgear router software pretty well and stay with Netgear because of the software.
Netgear's new software GUI now makes it easy to name devices on the network along with having many symbols for devices to choose from.

Below is a screenshot off of one of the extenders and I think my input/output numbers or how fast you can get to the router and the internet and back, for a lot cheaper, compare well to your router numbers on the web.
From past pictures you've put on Bob's your more rural then me but distance is distance to and from your router and the internet.
Because of that I think my setup will "out preform" your setup at any distance over 50 feet.
... this is a competitive racin site ain't it and it's fact my setup will out perform your setup. ... :)

paul

here's my actual "on the track" setup numbers:

Attachments

• router3.jpg
    router3.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 8
Back