Ups is trash

wrecit

Bought a lithium battery up grade for my Prius over a week ago shipping from calli.(shop an hour outside LA) they picked it up on the 14th. I paid for 3 day shipping. Tracking says it finally got to LA on the 17th and as of 30 minutes ago it is still sitting in LA with reason being late truck.

Any shop guys got suggestion on what to do? Will be calling Ups tomorrow or Monday. Btw I paid $140 for 3 day shipping

UPS® 3 Day Select Limitations
Here are specific shipping restrictions for UPS® 3 Day Select, so there are no hidden surprises:

Packages cannot be greater than 108 inches in length, and packages cannot be greater than 150 pounds
A scheduled delivery is unavailable. This limitation means you are unable to select a specific date for delivery. Instead, you’ll have to wait patiently for your package to arrive
Weekend delivery and pickup services are only available in certain areas depending on your zip code

Just an observation/opinion from a guy who ends up delivering alot of packages for UPS that they, for various reasons, do not deliver themselves...I'm talking about USPS by the way...it's my understanding (as I don't work them as already mentioned), but another big player in the internet ordering/shipping circus aka Amazon, evaluates by some sort of computer program, projected overall cost to get that parcel to its destination, if it's deemed unprofitable/too costly to Amazon, those parcels are labeled with a USPS coded shipping label and then sent to the proper USPS hub across the country to then be forwarded to nearest USPS station that covers addressed zip code to deliver by letter carriers to intended address....I believe UPS does something similar as we at USPS end up delivering a large quantity of UPS originated parcels on a day to day basis, which would seem very likely for some of the delays in package shipping times as mentioned originally...I'm sure there are many other reasons even those of us inside the industry aren't aware of...😉

Last edited:
Btw- not 100% sure, but batteries, especially lithium ones, i believe,, are not allowed to be shipped in aircraft...rather have to be shipped by ground transportation, so there is the ever present possibility of the truck having issues or running into delays on the interstates for any number of different reasons (accidents, weather, etc.)...

UPS® 3 Day Select Limitations
Here are specific shipping restrictions for UPS® 3 Day Select, so there are no hidden surprises:

Packages cannot be greater than 108 inches in length, and packages cannot be greater than 150 pounds
I looked up the size and weight of a prius battery and what I read says it meets requireents.

... Fedx just did similar to me with a Sam's club order.

Ordered 2 cases of Makers Mark Tissues one day then another day ordered 1 more case.
Fedx delayed first shipment, probably already here locally, until 3rd box gets there and I was notified both orders will be delivered on the same day.

By the way the Tissues are the best I've found 120 in a box, soft good tissues without perfume and at 80 cents a box per case.
With my COPD and broken nose for years I go thru them and jumped on 3 cases before the price goes up.
Might even order another one you can't beat the price and there in decorator boxes.

1653236587220.png

Last edited:
Box weight is 46lbs and it is just the cells (diy upgrade) box size is about 14x14x25. Here is current tracking report

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220522-123244.jpg
    Screenshot_20220522-123244.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 18
You got 3 day shipping.
They received it at a UPS location and shipped out of the location 3 days later. ... :(

I think your entitled to a refund for anything over regular ground price shipping, you paid for 3 day shipping.

Question , your taking the cells out of your hybrid battery and replacing them with the new lithium ion batteries.
I have a ford escape hybrid , i wonder if its possible on it ?
Any insight ?

Question , your taking the cells out of your hybrid battery and replacing them with the new lithium ion batteries.
I have a ford escape hybrid , i wonder if its possible on it ?
Any insight ?
Voltage is voltage and amp's are amp's, so long as they fit and the Lithium's don't light up on fire when charged, being discharged or just hangin around

I have a freind who fixs the prious battery's . I need to inquire more .
I belive they are taking them apart testing each cell and replacing the bad ones .
The batterry i have is again i belivea bunch of the 18650 used in almost all rechargable toools , flashlights and gadgets .
It totals up too 300volts minnimum for start voltage .
The fire thing is a fact with the litium ion batterys and chargers .
They are way up there in the home fire causes .

No matter how good your buddy is with refurb I believe refurb is a roll of the dice unless you are running a prolong system at least monthly to rebalance.

My son's Prius and mine currently have refurbs in. His is at 8 months and everything reads perfect using Dr Prius app. My refurb lasted 11 months with 4 months reading perfect then internal resistance started to become slightly off. Over the months it got worse. 3 months ago my guy warranty replaced for free and it read perfect for 2 months then the IR started going wonky.

If your buddy won't give 2 year, unlimited miles warranty for under 700 installed anywhere on the east coast then he is getting beat.

Bought a lithium battery up grade for my Prius over a week ago shipping from calli.(shop an hour outside LA) they picked it up on the 14th. I paid for 3 day shipping. Tracking says it finally got to LA on the 17th and as of 30 minutes ago it is still sitting in LA with reason being late truck.

Any shop guys got suggestion on what to do? Will be calling Ups tomorrow or Monday. Btw I paid $140 for 3 day shipping
Ups is Too expensive, its cheaper and faster through the US Postal Service

Back