Ups is trash

USPS should never have let UPS get any kind of traction in the beginning. They were delivering to every address 6 days a week when UPS wasn't an idea. I may be wrong about the 6 days every address part lol, but I think you all get the idea.

Name a government program that's worth a damn. Then again USPS does operate solely off for the money they generate from stamps is true as long as you overlook the 100 million plus they get from the fed and the hundreds of thousands they have gotten over the years in bailouts from funding short falls.

Name a government program that's worth a damn.
USPS, Medicaid, Medicare, IRS, FBI, CIA, Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard, Space Force, National Guard, Homeland Security, The Interstate System, NASA, Army Corp of Engineers, Your local Police and Fire, Disaster Relief Program, what border security we still have, Anti Monopoly protection, enacted laws to protect us and against killing, robbery, etc., and many many more things done for us all which we cannot do alone.

USPS, Medicaid, Medicare, IRS, FBI, CIA, Army, Navy, Airforce, Marines, Coast Guard, Space Force, National Guard, Homeland Security, The Interstate System, NASA, Army Corp of Engineers, Your local Police and Fire, Disaster Relief Program, what border security we still have, Anti Monopoly protection, enacted laws to protect us and against killing, robbery, etc., and many many more things done for us all which we cannot do alone.
Almost all are entirely mismanaged to the point that if they were not taxpayer supported they would no longer exist. I will note that you didn't include Social Security which is one of the worst. Homeland security... that's a joke also. Absolutely no border security.

I can't help but think USPS didn't want the parcel business back when UPS first started. But now they give you the boxes and other supplies, wow!

None of them are perfect and online sales have really burdened them. Some of it depends on where you live. I have had a lot of UPS packages delivered by the USPS even on Sundays. My biggest irk is that although I get UPS on the day they are expected I seem to be the last dropoff of the day for their drivers. If I knew then what I know now I would have bought a house in a different neighborhood.

Almost all are entirely mismanaged to the point that if they were not taxpayer supported they would no longer exist. I will note that you didn't include Social Security which is one of the worst. Homeland security... that's a joke also. Absolutely no border security.
Beware or be knowing that if your on Medicaid for a few years before going to Medicare when you die it's "LAW" that in many cases we taxpayers get the money back off the top of your estate which was paid for your Medicaid premiums.

$685 x 12 months = $8220
$8220 for a few years or more because you couldn't work before you went on Medicare is a "TON" of money which may wipe out any estate you may have. $8220 x 3 years = $24,660
And your loved ones or tax payers will have to pay to bury you.

I hope the above numbers are not deleted because of politics they are real.
My wife is currently settling her single brothers estate and he worked all his life, paid into retirement, lived frugal, but had to go on Medicaid because of sugar related disability for less then 3 years before Medicare kicked in.
$20,000 off the top of his estate gets paid back first to replace the Medicaid premiums paid to take care of his medical expenses.
If it wasn't for Medicaid he would have lost all to medical before Medicare kicked in because of lung cancer etc..

Here's the Law on it: https://codes.ohio.gov/ohio-administrative-code/rule-5160:1-2-07

Your state may be or probably is different, but look into it if your on Medicaid.
There is no free lunch.

Nothing at all wrong with Social Security except your elected representatives keep depleting it.
I don't think anyone who put in 10 years work and their 40 credits thinks it's bad.
Most who don't like it don't work, don't voluntarily put into it or don't work at a place which does put into it.
If your on the dole or don't ever plan to work for someone other then yourself or will spend your life panhandling on the street, sticking relatives and friends or off of taxpayers, your likely against it but most don't work for them selves.

Medicare and Medicaid are not free either.
You pay into Medicare and your estate unless you loop hole out of it has to pay back the monthly Medicaid premium.
Medicaid is not free it's all of us paying via taxes around $685 a month in premiums for those who cannot work or choose to not work.

If your life changes like being on Medicaid early because of disability and then going to Medicare and you die, your past Medicaid premiums are taken off the top of your estate.

Last edited:
None of them are perfect and online sales have really burdened them. Some of it depends on where you live. I have had a lot of UPS packages delivered by the USPS even on Sundays. My biggest irk is that although I get UPS on the day they are expected I seem to be the last dropoff of the day for their drivers. If I knew then what I know now I would have bought a house in a different neighborhood.
Same here, as far as getting deliveries late in the day...not the part about buying in a different location lol. Get friendly with the mailman and ups driver, they pretty much stay the same...I've got both of mine's cell phone number.

I think everyone is missing paulkish's first comment and the:

Ordered 2 cases of Makers Mark Tissues one day then another day ordered 1 more case.

Now that is a tissue that I want to use! :)

Back