UPS

True .
On the other hand if the bid was important enough hand delivery was an option .
What I've seen on the guaranteed service of late is its not .
This service had been used several times, without issue, in the past.

And, yes, the next bid was hand delivered.
Future expectations are extremely low.
Need reminded of such next time the service needs bailing out.

Exactly, well put! It dosnt matter what is being ordered, or even the quantity of what is ordered, it is the mailman's job to deliver the package on time and in the condition the item originally was in. That's what they are paid to do.
It's really not that simple, but if it is, start up a delivery service equal the size of the big three and find out for yourself...😉

good or bad is all about the delivery and handling people.

My observation is our delivery people for Fedx and USPS are both liers and don't give a darn delivery people.
My observation about both being liers and don't give a darn is all recorded.

The US mail photographs all envelopes during sorting.
I'd like to see the US Mail photograph our packages during sorting, upon receipt, and after delivery.

If it's not that simple to deliver an unharmed package, I'm not really sure why people use you guys.
Not going to get into a pissing match with you, I tried offering you some explanation on what some of the reasons for the problems going on in the shipping circles, guaranteed not much is gonna change in the short term, I'm gonna continue to work the very long days doing my best and what I can to keep the system moving...out...

I have had my problems with ALL of the big three. more than I care to remember. I agree, their are alot of things being shipped that can be bought at your local store. For some that think you can ramp up a business in a resonable time by clicking your fingers, need to rethink. Most of the problem is the work force you have to choose from. Most are not as deidcated as spincycle.

Before y'all keep on dogging the likes of usps, it is worth while to mention that parcel volumes have quickly surged to ALL TIME RECORD LEVELS....and the people working at the big three (among others) USPS FEDEX UPS, are in some instances working 12-14-16 hrs a day shifts trying to keep the flow of parcels going to try to continue to serve their customers....and again, these people are HUMAN, they make mistakes, inevitably a parcel there or there will be misrouted, inadvertantly damaged or a few days late....try to imagine if your business suddenly increased 200-300% in a short time, I'll bet you will make mistakes and such when you're working 12-16 hrs a day....it's not that the likes of the big three and others don't appreciate your business, but is it totally necessary to be buying the likes of kitty litter online and then having it shipped to your front door? These types of deliveries are completely unnecessary and are a big part of the reasons why parcel delivery overall is struggling unlike ever before....speaking with a good degree of knowledge as a current employee of the one of the big three....😉
When a service can't be completed or delivered you don't charge for that service the same fee, and you don't agree to those conditions. Doesn't matter what the conditions are there is no excuse for not trying to even check if the customer is at home when the signature is required, nor dropping heavy or fragile packages ON PURPOSE as it has been recorded on multiple occasions by security cameras. Customer is not to be blamed or punished for an unsatisfied or overloaded worker. I am sure there should be someone willing to do their job if they don't want to.

It's really not that simple, but if it is, start up a delivery service equal the size of the big three and find out for yourself...😉
Amazon logistics is scaling like crazy. Major distribution hubs being built like crazy, truck after truck after truck. The days of USPS, UPS, and Fedex being the largest in the business are coming quickly to an end. Amazon has basically funded the postal service for the last few years, and I am sure they hold a large part of both UPS and FedEx as well.

It may not be that simple, but Amazon is doing it, and you can bet your hind parts they will have the best service out of any of them. You can say whatever you want about being way over busy or having other COVID related issues (which is what the official publications say), but you have to perform for your customers or they will leave you. If all you have to do to be better than the big 3 is get stuff there in decent condition, on time, it doesn't sound overly difficult.

Amazon promises 2 day shipping, with one day shipping in the near future, doing their own logistics is one less liability of waiting on someone else.

All Amazon has to do is do it cheaper than others.
If and when they do the difference is profit because of not having to pay a higher cost for others to deliver.

So long as Amazon does not accept other companies' packages for delivery the others will still have a market to compete for.
Companies Amazon sells for still will have their own delivery system until and if Amazon chooses to stock their product.

Our biggest cost is the cost of delivery of post office delivered products from Commie Red China.
China Post is paid for the shipping and thru treaties, Our Post Office delivers it in the US at no additional cost to China.
We need a reversal of the treaty so shipping cost from one country to another is the total of bringing it to the departure place at the country of origin, shipping cost to the receiving country and delivery cost within the receiving country.

Today each country charges what it likes to Post ship to another country and the receiving country bears the cost of delivery.
We also should not treat small packages as international mail.

I've been having problems with FedEx not only at work but with personal packages. We get a lot of parts drop shipped to our warehouse and the smaller lighter boxes are always crushed. I got an oil cooler line from delco the other day that had one of the connections that slips into the cooler crushed. I've gotten boxes that are stepped on all the time. UPS just seems to lose a lot of our stuff.

I get how busy those guys are and it seems to me they're just overwhelmed. Not enough people. Nobody wants to work it seems.

I've been having problems with FedEx not only at work but with personal packages. We get a lot of parts drop shipped to our warehouse and the smaller lighter boxes are always crushed. I got an oil cooler line from delco the other day that had one of the connections that slips into the cooler crushed. I've gotten boxes that are stepped on all the time. UPS just seems to lose a lot of our stuff.

I get how busy those guys are and it seems to me they're just overwhelmed. Not enough people. Nobody wants to work it seems

In all seriousness, we are struggling in our area as well with finding people, not even good people, just people. My company is offering people their highest starting wage ever, plus $2000 if they stay 90 days, and we still cant fill spots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here Jay. I'm in charge of all recieving and stocking and can't get any full-time help. We've been hiring drivers and pickers like crazy but the mistake rate with both departments is going nuts because they can't be trained like they should it's so busy.

What kind Of starting wage?

$11.25 common here
We are at $13.50 starting, with guaranteed OT, $2000 for staying 90 days, plus $500 for anyone who says you recommended them that stays 90 days. Benefits start day one, health, dental, vision insurance, 401k matched upto 6%, 5 days paid vacation. We have over 50 positions open, and can not fill them.

Other local companies that I have heard of are in the same boat. A local cheese plant is now offering $14.50 base, guaranteed OT, and $500 after 45 days plus their benefit packages.

Part of our current issue is Amazon just built a 1 million sqft facility 45 minutes from us promising $15 an hour, and they built a 250,000 sqft facility 30 minutes in the other direction with the same promises. Trick with amazon is that they rarely let "production" team members work enough hours to qualify for benefits.

It's a race to be the highest bidder around here, and still no workers to fill them. Last time I heard, within the 50 mile radius around us, there are over 1500 jobs open. May God help us if we need to start adding shifts.

Heck I'm going on two years this year for my 3rd time back at this company and have yet to see any kind of raise. But they want people to be more productive and just put up cameras inside. Doesn't matter who you work for they all want to be as cheap as possible and if that means paying your employees less than they deserve then I guess it is what it is.

The USPS, despite its own shortcomings, is also delivering for Amazon and UPS. I have USPS vehicles delivering Amazon and UPS packages on Sundays here.

Back