Us 41 lake village

And as for the race day issue. Pick a night and stick with it. If your racing Sundays you have to start earlier and get the show done sooner. Fridays are hard because of people who work and if kids are in school or not, that and the show is either started late or your running into the late hours of the morning. I think the best option might be to sit down with the other track promoters/owners and work up a small series with some good benefits for the drivers that could help all the tracks out.

I never saw the track like you did I have seen videos of that it looked cool. I hope they can get the help and support they need at least they are trying.

I really tried to refrain from saying much here. Just tried to focus on what i had to. But of course the last few years the new trend is criticize whomever takes over.

So ill put everything in the air:
1. Already talked to robby at rt 66. I cant completely work around him. But he starts off every other Sunday's. Ill start opposite and whatever happens, happens. This every other sunday also allows me have family time.
2. Before i agreed on anything i had 2-3 talks woth joe hamilton. Worked for him gor yrs. Let him know the plans right off the bat. Also agreed to offer similar class structures.
3. Still gonna contact ben hur. I refuse to rum sat against their big shows.
4. Laid down several proposals before i took this position, one being a new race surface once we can financially can get it.
5. Contacted about 25 different ppl about calibrating scales and helping work clay down properly.
6. Working on sponsorship.
7. Working on sponsorship to cover delivery of clay.
8. Cleaning up property and making a place for workers to have a break room thats cool and clean cuz day racing gets hot.
9. Focusing on promotions.
10. Cut overtime to make time for track.

If this effort dont please you for someone trying, i dont think anything will. So all i ask is be patient and gives us a chance to make it right. I personally think its a fair question.
Now since you know all the plans. I got to get back to trying to deliver.

Like I mentioned before . My boys and I would be willing to help getting things started, helping out with mowing, cleaning ... whatever. It’s gonna take a team to get this to work!

Like I mentioned before . My boys and I would be willing to help getting things started, helping out with mowing, cleaning ... whatever. It’s gonna take a team to get this to work!
I absolutely agree with you dana. Last few times is completely on me just going snd working at the track. Im sure ill be out there this week in the mornings.

I will be there for sure on this Sunday if anyone wants to come out.

I really hope so. Sponsorship and track will really depend on that...

Found a driver, that can deliver the clay. I got 3 companies to call this upcoming week about clay.

Think we have some trucks also. Praying everything falls in line.

Without getting into too much detail....but still giving a update. Weve ran into a snag. Theres obligations that were not filled on ownership side.
Some were filled by me taking out my own pocket and spending my own time to do. The other obligations have not been met. I did what i can on my end. I really cant say much more than that.
Sorry guys feel like my hands are tied.

DYLAN !! thanks for your effort in trying to bring this place back to life. people in karting that patronized lake village 10+ years ago know how nice it was and many of us were hoping it could be that way again.UNFORTUNATELY !! it seems the new owner is not willing to put in the necessary work to make it happen and if thats the case the karting community is better off without him. that being said great job calling the races at K3.

DYLAN !! thanks for your effort in trying to bring this place back to life. people in karting that patronized lake village 10+ years ago know how nice it was and many of us were hoping it could be that way again.UNFORTUNATELY !! it seems the new owner is not willing to put in the necessary work to make it happen and if thats the case the karting community is better off without him. that being said great job calling the races at K3.
X2! There’s only so much Dylan can do. I applaud his efforts. I hope there is a future for lake village as it will always be our home track.

What need to happen is someone with the passion for racing need to own the track..otherwise it's never gonna happen no matter how hard the community wants it..
I agree. I feel the track in the right hands could return to its glory. It unfortunately is going to need a major makeover including acquiring the proper equipment , facility upgrades and renovations, and most importantly HIRING the proper team to make sure things go smooth. It’s an overwhelming task in my opinion . I still call US41 home and pray it reopens it’s gates someday

Like to jump in on thread ....what is happening at this point @ US 41 ? I was looking at it when it was for sale a few years ago , never got past the "look" stage . Still have some interest somewhat , need much more info .

Back