US CHASSIS

rocketman

How many kart builders are in the US. Im talking asphalt Sprint karts. I know Razor and Coyote, are there any more?

I looked at their website , looks well made and I like that it is Tig welded, I havea older Coyote and its mig welded. Its almost impossible to make a nice weld on that small of tubing with a Mig. Just my opinion. Thanks

I looked at their website , looks well made and I like that it is Tig welded, I havea older Coyote and its mig welded. Its almost impossible to make a nice weld on that small of tubing with a Mig. Just my opinion. Thanks
On 4130, I'd rather have mig.

I had a 2017 Ionic Edge chassis 2 years ago and that particular model did have aluminum 1.25" rear axle, 5/8" front spindles, and US pattern wheels. However, manufacturer of the is chassis was pushing me to convert it over to a 40mm axle assembly when I was contemplating replacing the axle. Otherwise, majority of this chassis still appears to be most US fasteners.

http://luttrellracing.com/product/complete-ionic-edge-chassis/

most sprint chassis for LO206 will have 17mm fronts and 40mm rear. You can get 17mm front hubs with American pattern bolts. Also, you can get 40mm rear hubs with American pattern bolts too. I believe PMI makes all these.

I wouldnt mind the spindles, just dont want every nut and bolt on the kart metric. If I need a bolt or nut for something I wanna be able to go to the bolt bin and get it, My bolt bin is all US

Why? Could U explain.
happened by accident somewhere around 2003, I was at the shop helping Mike Ward build chassis, something happened to his mig so they tig'd one and Mike dropped it getting it out of the jig it made a weird sound, got us curious so we dropped one we knew was mig'd, the mig'd chassis made a more solid sounding thud, where the tig sounded brittle.
Ever since then all chassis were mig'd, pretty sure most chassis today are mig'd

Back