Using a lo 206 for a race tractor.

Mtd1969

So I reached out to Briggs racing for some advice and they said to check out this site. My friends and family started a tractor racing event in our area. We run on dirt with some mud and winding corners and we even do snow races. Long story short I built a tractor and bought a brand new 206 lo motor on it with a toque converter that is capable of 8500 rpms. From the toque converter back to the transaxle. It works good but I need more power out of it. I don’t realize when I bought the motor it was a sealed block motor specifically for limited classes. Anyways so I was wondering if you guys could recommend what cam springs or any other options I might have. I have a 7100 ignition but from what I have read the valves will float at 6500.

So I reached out to Briggs racing for some advice and they said to check out this site. My friends and family started a tractor racing event in our area. We run on dirt with some mud and winding corners and we even do snow races. Long story short I built a tractor and bought a brand new 206 lo motor on it with a toque converter that is capable of 8500 rpms. From the toque converter back to the transaxle. It works good but I need more power out of it. I don’t realize when I bought the motor it was a sealed block motor specifically for limited classes. Anyways so I was wondering if you guys could recommend what cam springs or any other options I might have. I have a 7100 ignition but from what I have read the valves will float at 6500.
The valves start floating around 7100-7300. I ran one on alcohol without a rev limiter once.

More power?
F 200 275 lift cam and springs good for about 8,500 . Or you could go with a Dyno Cams 310 cam It is wild will turn over 9,000. will require a really good carb.
Arc Rod. !! A must!
animal coil.
Better Carb.
Bigger valves.
The list goes on and on. But This definitely will give you more power. Switching to alcohol will give my more power also.
The Lo206 is a sealed engine but it was blueprinted from the factory and is a really good engine. And with minimum maintenance will last years!

Last edited:
The valves start floating around 7100-7300. I ran one on alcohol without a rev limiter once.
Ok so my 7100 limiter will work just fine.
More power?
F 200 275 lift cam and springs good for about 8,500 . Or you could go with a Dyno Cams 310 cam It is wild will turn over 9,000. will require a really good carb.
Arc Rod. !! A must!
animal coil.
Better Carb.
Bigger valves.
The list goes on and on. But This definitely will give you more power. Switching to alcohol will give my more power also.
The Lo206 is a sealed engine but it was blueprinted from the factory and is a really good engine. And with minimum maintenance will last years!
From what I understand the lo206 has the same rod as the world formula 206? So I was thinking maybe using wf cam and ignition to get me around 15 hp and 7100 rpms.

WF uses a billet rod (PN 557117 World Formula Billet). 206 runs different rod (PN 555626 Connecting Rod). I would think twice about turning the 206 rod much higher than the 6100 rpm limit. We ran WF rods in our pro gas engines running 7800 to 8200 rpm. Cheap insurance. $75 for billet rod.

Last edited:
I’m just saying the springs won’t limit your rpm. It won’t make great power above 6800 on gas anyway and will eventually throw the stock rod at or above 6800. My local track use to run them this way before 206 took off years ago. Jimbo has the best package for making a big jump in performance without reliability issues. It’s a well thought out package.

Awesome thank you.
So I looked at the super stock kit
https://faster-motors-wi.myshopify.com/search?q=superstock

you can also type in anything specific you are looking for in the search box and find all kinds of performance parts. The site is still under construction so if you don't find what you are looking for call, text or email me.
Tel. 920-207-9180
email. fastermotors4@gmail.com
now I will not have to change carb or head? I’m assuming I’ll have to run higher octane fuel

World Formula Rod

Gasket Set

AN-Mod1 or AN310 Cam (either with compression release)

Blue Coil

Good Springs

No need to change piston.

Stick with gas for Lawn Mower Application.

Jimbo probably has all this ready to ship, or any other Animal specific engine builder.

As Mike Curry has stated above will be a nice upgrade.

The ARC billet rod and higher compression piston will help considerably.
We have a cam that works well in the .310" lift or even better with ratio roller rockers.
Blue coil and double valve springs with automotive style keepers.

We stock and work on these engines daily here in our shop.
If you need anything (even questions) feel free to give us a call.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back