Using a Stone 1 man kart stand with a 206

Picked myself up a Stone 1 man kart stand for my 206 as I have to run insane amounts of lead. When I tip it back to drop it on the floor or pick it up, I get a small amount of fuel running out what I assume is the overflow (I can't see when I'm lifting the kart). Kart fires up and idles fine after so apart from spilling a bit of fuel is this anything to worry about?

Probably nothing to worry about. The little amount of fuel lost will replenish itself in the bowl as soon as you pull the starter.
I would be more concerned if fuel is entering the venturi and running downhill into the intake port. A teaspoon full of fuel could make it a bit more difficult to start (hydraulic the cylinder before the compression release opens.) Also risk fouling the spark plug, or getting fuel past the rings if it sits long enough.

Likely no problem, but something to consider.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Thanka Brian, as I suspected. Nope as I say, it fired up (cold) first pull afterwards and there was no indication of hydraulicing. I'll make a point of running it after the final lift of the day to burn off any fuel if it got into the cylinder.

Yep if fuel isn't constantly running out of the drain hose or filling your catch can then it's probably nothing to worry about.
However, if you want to have it be the best it can be i would suggest looking at the float settings and also the float needle and the brass seat.
Occasionally, i see floats that have absorbed fuel and actually don't float as well as they should.
When we do an engine refresh it includes going through the carb and part of that process means we weigh the float. If it weighs more than 8 grams on our scale it gets replaced and the seat always gets polished to remove any foreign material.

Off the subject, i always get concerned when i see a kart with massive amounts of lead on it. I would caution you to double check that all those weights are fastened safely. Just because the tech officials don't or the scale person doesn't say anything doesn't mean everything is good to go.
To me a thin fiberglass or plastic seat with even 1 lead weight mounted to it needs to be closely monitored. A 5 pound lead weight traveling at 10 to 70 MPH is a lethal projectile. A seat with 50 or more pounds of lead on it is something scares the heck out of me.

Back