Using white lithium grease as rod end lube

So i have some very dirty rod ends on my kart full of dirt, could i clean then with brake cleaner then lube them with white lithium grease.

If they have that much dirt in them they are wore out I’d say. I wouldn’t use grease that would really give the dirt something to stick to. Maybe a dry Teflon lube.

You either have self lubricating or metal to metal rod ends. Neither require to be lubed, but if your self lubricating ends are showing signs of leakage, they should be replaced sooner than later.
Our dirt karts run self lube ends and our asphalt/indoor karts run a mix of the 2.

If you are washing your kart thuroughly then it wont be dirty. I am talking, soap, a rag, water, pressure washer like to where it looks brand new then lubing everything and cleaning your chain and bearings and putting a protective something on the frame so it looks mint ever week when you show up to the track. I would say spend some more time washign everything and cleaning every bit of your kart.

If you are washing your kart thuroughly then it wont be dirty. I am talking, soap, a rag, water, pressure washer like to where it looks brand new then lubing everything and cleaning your chain and bearings and putting a protective something on the frame so it looks mint ever week when you show up to the track. I would say spend some more time washign everything and cleaning every bit of your kart.
That's why ours are completely disassembled, cleaned, reassembled and set up, the only thing that we don't take off is the seat

I do the same thing and it shows at the go kart races the people who dont clean there stuff because overtime people not maintaing there kart it will get run down and be slower.

Back