valhalla 360 device

I won't run a flat kart without one . It really helped me be able to breathe better and when I did a couple kart wheels down the back shoot after being ejected my neck didn't bother me at all

I've flipped my kart and my son has hit the front stretch head on. We were both wearing Valhallas at the time. I'm glad we made the investment. I won't even practice without it.

Got thrown out this year wide open....minor concussion...probably would have had a broken neck. Love mine....

My daughter tried one while running her champ kart...she tried a couple times & after it was all said & done, we gave it away....she HATED it! We ended up getting her a Hans device & she LOVED it. I honestly dont think that the Valhalla 360 is the right choice for champs...jmo. I believe that it becomes too restricting.

My daughter tried one while running her champ kart...she tried a couple times & after it was all said & done, we gave it away....she HATED it! We ended up getting her a Hans device & she LOVED it. I honestly dont think that the Valhalla 360 is the right choice for champs...jmo. I believe that it becomes too restricting.

We tried it to with my boy in his winged outlaw kart the problem you run into with that is where it kicks down to create the whiplash protection hits the belts and pushes it up even with an adult it doesn't work with belts. we even ran into the same type problem with the wedge type foam braces with my friends boy we ended up taking the wedge off of the back so it was just like a normal neck brace and it fixed the problem. I thiunk if you could remove the lower kick down it would work fine but I'd still rather have a hans type device when belted in

For a flat kart, they are great, for the champs, we ran into too many issues where it wanted to push against everything with the head cages we run. Great neck protection for a flat kart racer though.

My 2 cents...

Hate the straps for the 360 device....specially one comes unsnapped while you are racing and it get's caught up in your axle :(

Leatt IMHO

flipped kart coming out of two on a paved oval. won't wear anything else. pro: easy fit to suit you. straps can be crossed to bring the front down some. very light and comfortable once you get it adjusted right. con: not made for champs karts or other forms of racing involving four/five point harnesses.

when I flipped, several racers in the pits swore that my helmet slapped the track and they came running over thinking that I had been knocked out. I honestly can't say that my helmet ever touched the ground! I saw no signs of impact inside or outside on the helmet and the 360 had one tiny mark on the very upper edge of the rear portion...nothing touched the brace itself, this was a mark on the cover...

best $180 that I ever spent on safety equipment!

I'm glad that the 360 Plus Device has done its job for a number of you.

Something that has to be remembered though is that the 360 was developed to take the place of a foam collar in kart racing - specifically open karts. We've had customers that have used/use the 360 in a situation where restraint systems are used - sometimes it works for them, sometimes it doesn't.

When I say "works for them" I'm referring to the 360 sitting on their shoulders in conjunction with the seat belts... not referring to "restraining" the driver's head. The 360 Plus Device was not designed or ever intended to meet the SFI 38.1 spec or fill the requirement of a sanctioning body for a driver to wear a restraint system that meets the 38.1 spec.

The 360 should never be used in anything other than karts... open or caged. It's just not intended for applications such as modifieds, winged sprints, etc. If you're going to drive those things, spend the money and get a HANS.

Reneeangle... in an effort to try make our products better, can you tell me why you hate the straps? Are they restrictive... cumbersome... or just a pain? The straps were meant to hold the 360 Plus Device in place on the driver's shoulders in the event that the driver was thrown from the kart an ended up tumbling. By the way, I think the Leatt Brace is a good piece of safety equipment also... I just think ours is better. lol!

I love mine. Haven't put it to the test and don't really care ever to do so! The thought of the straps getting into the axle isn't a pleasant one but I would think that the front foam piece would break away pretty easy if that were to occur. Anyway, I wouldn't race without mine.

DD

the device does take some getting used to with the straps udner the arms and getting it to "sit" right on your shoulders and not feel restictive. i found that when i first got mine, i took it all apart and starting at the shoulders started adjusting the pads until it didn't feel like the "normal" foam collar. after i got this settled to me, i put the covers back on and wearing my racing jacket, put the device on and adjusted the straps. if' i wear my simpson voyager, the straps running under my arms didn't let the front of the helmet come down as much as i like....same when i put on my impact charger (specially with the front "bill" that it has). came on here and learned that jsut by crossing the straps it will bring the front down and let your helmet rest lower in the front. this was the way that i was wearing it when i flipped...i didn't really feel anything, but witnesses in the pits said that the guy to my outside cut down on me in the turn and i hit his left front corner with my right front corner. as we are racing on a 3/8 mile paved oval, we don't lift, so when we hit i was at wide open throttle...the kart tumbled in the air and i hit the pavement...no boo-boo's at all!! well, i did have one!! a large (read that as really big!!) bruise on the back of my right upper arm...don't know what hit me or what but it was huge!! turned all black and ugly for a week or so. anyway...crossing the straps pulled the front down and it made it more comfortable to wear....now, it's like i put it on, sit down and wait on the grid to race...as soon as the flagman motions, all i have to do is slip my helmet on....while everyone else has been sweating because they have to put thier helmet on then fight with the collar to get it to "stick"....and one more important thing that i haven't had to worry about is losing the collar during the race....but i've picked up a bunch of foamy things from everyone else!!!

Reneeangle... in an effort to try make our products better, can you tell me why you hate the straps? Are they restrictive... cumbersome... or just a pain? The straps were meant to hold the 360 Plus Device in place on the driver's shoulders in the event that the driver was thrown from the kart an ended up tumbling. By the way, I think the Leatt Brace is a good piece of safety equipment also... I just think ours is better. lol!

Greetings Steven - I tried the 360 for a day when I was trying to decide which device suited me best. Since I run multiple karts and classes per day, getting my helmet on etc sometimes is rushed. I work on my own karts so it was imperative that I be able to easily take the device off and put it back on with the same ease and do it quickly. Having to attach the straps when you are in a hurry is a royal pain in the butt especially if you have your helmet on already and can't look down for enough to see what you are trying to do. Since I only used it for a day I myself did not had this issue but I have seen 3 people now how have either not clipped or have had the strap come unclipped during the race and get caught up in the axle!!!

i haven't had this happen and haven't had any issues with the straps, but i'm wondering....would velcro be the answer? i know that some velcro can withstand great pressure before being pulled apart with force, yet a simple tug will release the strap. i wonder this because as a retired cop, i always kept a second or third pair of handcuffs availble until one company (at a seminar) provided a bunch of us with a new style velcro cuff that was easy to use, yet the "bad guy" couldn't pull them apart with force or grab the end and yank it off...so i'm wondering if the same type of velcro could be used....this may help keep the straps coming loose. i think it's a situation more of operator error than product failure....but it should be looked at regardless!

My son has been wearing one for almost a year now in an outlaw kart. It works well. The one thing I've found is don't place belts inside the rear strap that comes from the back if the device under each arm and conects to the front. That will cause it to lift up and push the helmet up. Only put the belts through the front strap and you won't have that problem.

I've had some issues with my 360, and have mostly stuck with a traditional wedge.

main issues:

#1 even with straps crossed (which isn't really comfortable) it still pushes the chin of my helmet up. I've thought about shaping the foam a little, but have yet to do so.

#2 in the back, the downward portion seems to interfere with the back of the seat (it's the same in an omega, select, and a stohr) and I spend more time in the kart trying to keep the 360 from overlapping on the back of the seat.

i know this has been inactive for a few days, but i have to ask...PBR, #2...how far are you scrunching down in the seat? i have a select (XL) and have it sitting about 9 inches off the rear axle and sitting in racing position, i haven't had any issues with it....just asking!! :)

i haven't had this problem before. and i've thought about reshaping the foam or getting in toush with Steve about looking at the foam "V" in the front and maybe redesigning it because of the newer style helmets. with the advent of the lip on the impacts (and some of the other brands have that lip now), it might be the time to look into it.

Hey Mikey,
I went ahead and reshaped the foam in the front, it sands nice but need a lot of patience for it to look good. As far as my seating position, I'm not scrunching really in the seat but run it a little higher off the axle than normal (about 12" in the stohr seat), plus I don't have the longest torso in the world. I did end up trimming the bottom edge of it about 5/8" up. Helped, but I'm still not sure how much I like it.

Back