Valve cover baffle / valve cover spacer

67Fastbackfan

Just ordered a new set of rockers and will need to either remove the baffle in the valve cover or get a spacer. Are there any major cons to removing the baffle that would warrant a spacer?

I would use a spacer before removing the baffle, it is there for a reason i believe

I would assume that if you are going to use rockers that will interfere with the baffle, that the motor will be far from stock. In that case I would recommend more crank case venting for rpms over 7000.

I would use a spacer before removing the baffle, it is there for a reason i believe
The baffle is there for two reasons; It covers a one-way ck. valve to help eliminate oil splash& to provide a location for the crankcase breather. And It can be removed by putting a proper breather in its place......

We've run our open motors both ways, of course pulling a pulse for the fuel pump off the intake. If I leave the baffle in I usally drill a couple of 1/4 holes at the bottom of the baffle for more venting and to let the oil out of the back side of the baffle. jmo

Holes are OK if you Drill in Right place; How many People Feel Lucky?????? and The Breather can only (Breathe) so Much

I use the predator valve cover its a little deeper and used a small ball pin hammer and dinged it just a little where the rockers meet it. I use roller rockers and seems to work fine.

The baffle is there for two reasons; It covers a one-way ck. valve to help eliminate oil splash& to provide a location for the crankcase breather. And It can be removed by putting a proper breather in its place......

Precisely....a cheap fix is a ball peen hammer (and it works) and the right-way is a 'spacer'. I do the 'dimple-trick' and (2) gaskets on my '275' cam/Champion set-ups. JMO

Back