valve cover baffle

foreverfaster

Site Supporter
i want to put a valve stem in the the valve cover, for a breather,
is there a way to take the valve cover apart in order to get the valve stem in with out destroying it??

Honda valve cover.

OEM HONDA valve cover...factory hole... i'm looking at maybe a barbed fitting i can tap or screw in and or braze in place... I like the way the LO206 has a valve stem in it

If hole is near valve stem size, say 5/8, rubber stem could be worked in from the outside. A little patience goes a long way.

If you want a metal stem, remove grommet, grind end just small enough to fit thru hole. Work grommet thru hole without losing stem into hole. Work onto stem and fit into hole. Install nut and washer.

NEXT question.. my honda motor doesn't have a place to hook up a pulse fitting... do i put one from the valve cover or do i pull the oil fill plug from the high end of the motor and just pull it each time i need to add oil?? Is there
a better place?

You will still need to vent valve cover to catch can. That's part of how rockers get lube.
You can run fuel pump same as lo206 with fitting in fill hole, or drill and tap a hole somewhere in top of the crankcase, or side cover.

Unless rules forbid it, you also can drill and tap intake manifold for pulse.

The honda valve cover can be drilled and a fitting put in the valve cover the same as the clone has been for years. We always placed the fitting in the side cover.
Briggs did not put the valve stem in the LO206 valve cover some one else did.
The tube and catch can do not contribute to the oiling of the upper end, it simply is there to relieve pressure in the crankcase. The tube on a new engine goes into the intake system so the engine ingests the output, a part of the pollution control. The catch can really a descendant of the FH days as they put out a lot of oil due to the location of the breather, is really not as important on the OHV you do not see much oil in the container. The can catches anything that could drip on the track. We ran Honda engines for years with no tube or can as the rules did not require them.

My post meant that the crankcase must be vented somewhere. if you use the valvecover hole for pulse, another hole is needed for this.

I always felt the oil mist in the air contributed to oiling the upper end. Maybe not.

Yes the oil is delivered to the top of the engine by air travel, the baffle allows air out of the engine but does not draw back in.

The honda valve cover can be drilled and a fitting put in the valve cover the same as the clone has been for years. We always placed the fitting in the side cover.
Briggs did not put the valve stem in the LO206 valve cover some one else did.
The tube and catch can do not contribute to the oiling of the upper end, it simply is there to relieve pressure in the crankcase. The tube on a new engine goes into the intake system so the engine ingests the output, a part of the pollution control. The catch can really a descendant of the FH days as they put out a lot of oil due to the location of the breather, is really not as important on the OHV you do not see much oil in the container. The can catches anything that could drip on the track. We ran Honda engines for years with no tube or can as the rules did not require them.

I have always tapped the hole on the valve covers, and used the 90* fittings like in Kart43's post that i quoted. I have never had an issue doing this, i also put a pulse fitting for the fuel pump at the top of the valve cover, but just a strait barbed fitting, not a 90* one like i put in the side for the vent hose. I tap my animal valve cover on the open animal on both sides, and use 2 of the 90* fittings to hook a hose to the catch can, again with no issues at all.

My post meant that the crankcase must be vented somewhere. if you use the valvecover hole for pulse, another hole is needed for this.

I always felt the oil mist in the air contributed to oiling the upper end. Maybe not.

The stock hole in the valve cover cannot be used for pulse, if it works at all it would be a weak pulse signal. That hole is strictly a vent for the crank case pressure, and if you use it for pulse, you have no way for the crankcase pressure to escape, and will eventually blow the oil seals in the sidecover or block, possibly ruin the fuel pump as well (could pop the diaphragm)

Back