valve help

Racer-71

New to clones and I am looking to build a clone engine in the near future . Just wondering if stainless valves are legal in akra I think the class Is clone pro gas . And also is a 3 angle legal on the valve
Thanks
Any advice appreciated

Valve Train: Stock valve cover only with any stock configuration gasket, sealer allowed.
Factory stock rocker arms 1:1 ratio and push rods only. Surface finish of contact area of rocker arm to valve
stem , non tech, to adjust for proper lift running lift. Stock steel/stainless nitrate coated valves only 45 degree angle only both
valves with a minimum weight of 21 grams each valve, Intake valve Max OD .982” +/- .005” and Exhaust valve Max OD
.945” +/- .005”, no modifications allowed. Single valve springs only. (Installed Height for valve
springs .815”, must be checked by using the .815” spring must go gauge with retainer seal
and shims in place on intake an exhaust valve if used.) Shims may be used to achieve .815” Installed height, maximum thickness of shims used .045”, any combination of valve seal and spring shims allowed. Prescribed check procedure as follows – Remove valve spring, reinstall spring retainer and shims, insert .815” must go gauge in spring location. Gauge must go in both locations Intake and Exhaust with any allowed retainers and shims in place, as raced, during check procedure. Max wire diameter on spring wire is .071” with a maximum tension of 10.8 lbs. at a height of .850”, and a maximum tension of 18 lbs at
.650”. Each spring is to be checked using a
.750”height by .800”width plate gauge and a .250” (square) no-go gauge to check the

center spacing of the spring coils while inserted in the plate gauge. Prescribed check
procedure as follows – Insert the spring in the .750” X .800” plate gauge (spring must be
centered in plate gauge and must fit inside of gauge with the ends of the spring wires
perpendicular to the plate ). Once inserted in the plate gauge take the .250” no-go gage
and check the center coil spacing on both sides. The .250” no-go gauge must be parallel
to the spring wire and perpendicular to the center of the spring when checking. The .250”
no-go must pass check on at least one side of the spring. This check is to be performed
after the 10.8/lb , 18/lb check, and .071 max wire diameter check have been performed.
Ends of the valve springs may be sanded to help meet spring checks. Lash cap on exhaust
valve only. Valve stem seal allowed on Intake and Exhaust valve. Minimum thickness of Intake retainer .225” , Exhaust retainer .245”. BS lifters only, no
modifications allowed. Over-all length of push rod 5.285” max. Weight check lifters 18 grams min and push rods 9 grams min.

The above quoted rule answers your question in regard to the angles on the valve, but that should not be your concern. A valve will typically only have one angle ground on it. It would be unusual to have multiple angles ground on the valve. Your question should have been in regard to the vale seat, the typical service procedure would cause 3 angles to be utilized on the valve seat. In the past some rule packages did not allow proper valve seat reconditioning, but it has been incorporated into the AKRA rules of recent. You need to check the ruling on the seats not the valve.

I am aware of the rule on the seat.that is why I asked my question . And yes valves can have 3 angles for the same reason the seats have 3 angles flow
Thanks

I am aware of the rule on the seat.that is why I asked my question . And yes valves can have 3 angles for the same reason the seats have 3 angles flow
Thanks

AKRA rules state that the valves themselves can only have one angle, not 3.

Champs only good for BP and SA or Mod for now I think down the road you may see them for bsp too but will have to wait and see
its a shame they don't allow the hole engine.but the carb is different then the rest.in Sneaks Battle of the clones
the champ came out on top at 10.5 hp with jet change and header and air filter out of the box

Last edited:
Back