Valve seat angle

Greg_470

Hey folks this question would probably be best directed at someone who does Tech inspection on 206 engines.
I see there is a tech tool to check valve seat angle and the regs state a 30 and 45 degree angle only. I'm planning on cleaning up the valve seats but the only nu-way valve seat cutter I have is 31 degrees and 46 degrees. (Stock is a 30 and 45 degree cut).
In the off chance I win a national and have the head inspected, Is the tool you use to tech these engines sensitive enough to pick up that one degree?
My background is in building performance motorcycle engines and these angles have worked for all applications I've encountered.
TIA

Hey folks this question would probably be best directed at someone who does Tech inspection on 206 engines.
I see there is a tech tool to check valve seat angle and the regs state a 30 and 45 degree angle only. I'm planning on cleaning up the valve seats but the only nu-way valve seat cutter I have is 31 degrees and 46 degrees. (Stock is a 30 and 45 degree cut).
In the off chance I win a national and have the head inspected, Is the tool you use to tech these engines sensitive enough to pick up that one degree?
My background is in building performance motorcycle engines and these angles have worked for all applications I've encountered.
TIA
You should be fine with the 46* cutter. Just lightly true them up, don't get carried away. I would not use the 31* cutter though -- Although the rule is written with 2 different degrees, the seat face can be of one degree only (45*.) The 30* is simply a deburring function from the factory, NOT intended to be a second angle cut for flow.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back