Valve spring question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racer525

I’m building my first animal engine here pretty soon and was wondering if dual valve springs fit right in the head without any machine work? Or is it like what I’m used too with the clone engine were some machine work is need to fit dual springs correctly.

Dual valve springs fit.
Animals use a plate bolted to the top of the head.
Too heavy of springs can bend this plate, or pull rocker studs out.

I have ran 310 lift cams and correct springs with stock rockers and had no problem.
Br sure to use later metric studs and nuts. The plate is also different for these.

Dual valve springs fit.
Animals use a plate bolted to the top of the head.
Too heavy of springs can bend this plate, or pull rocker studs out.

I have ran 310 lift cams and correct springs with stock rockers and had no problem.
Br sure to use later metric studs and nuts. The plate is also different for these.
Okay, any cam/carb combo recommendations? I’m building this motor as a play motor to race with a few buddy’s of mine, We race on a empty road probably about 1/4 mile long.

For simplicity, find a world formula cam, springs, and carb. Add the wf head for a little more flow and compression.

Or get the whole motor.

Faster motors offers a superstock kit which offers a couple more hp over stock, with no machine work required.

Keep in mind, like a street car, the more radical the setup, the more time you will spend working on it vs riding it.

You will find kart racers try to promote our sport as being done by responsible, respecting individuals.
Part of that is riding on closed courses not open to other traffic.

Please try to not make kart racers look like a bunch of hooligans.
Thanks

Seriously if you guys have the money to buy karts to do this with you've got money to take it to a track.

Just like with any form of motorsports riding your junk on a road that is open to the PUBLIC is going to either make people think bad about you and put a bad light on the sport of kart racing or it's going to end up with someone seriously injured or worse case death.

Would you want to be that guy whose buddy died from stupidity in a kart on the street or have bragging rights for winning a race on a track where the dangers are much much less.

Red dirt Gravel road . Six miles from a paved road . Woodbury County Ia.
IMG_20221008_174524509.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back