valve spring

That's a good video. If it does not increase the tension, then why do that?
That is a valid question that 'does' need an answer! Actually....Tom and I spoke (frequently) on this very issue back when i was developing my Spring Tester and springs were NOT up-too spec.

According to a engineer that builds springs for race cars.. You can not change a spring very much and it maintain itself..
Stretching it from the ends is a very temporary fix,, likely to collapse back very fast..

Take a Pin (Round) .. Stick it into the winding in the middle.. Basically start turning the spring as if you are threading the pin out the end of the spring.. Then repeat this going in the opposite direction.. Then check your results... If it needs more you need to increase the pin size..Stay away from using any heat.. As said the start with this will not change it alot,, but it will properly extend the spring evenly...

To decrese a spring simply sand down the ends but do not get it very hot..

Its not suppose to maintain itself, but it will give a little benefit.
My guess is most who sell springs will tell you it wont work

I tried stretching springs and then put them in hot boiling water to simulate heat in the engine. they went back to normal

ARC 15.00 springs..borderline on passing tech...but I bought the dead weight tester and work them legal. They last longer than the others.

When it comes to stock class valve springs-
Those who say it can't be done are really saying they haven't been able to do it.

Yea your post makes little sense.

I had a girl friend that said it can't be done, but I showed her how to do it.

lol I its stock!!!... it came that way... boy im glad I don't spend time on stock... theres more ways to cheat then ways to test for it...

Back