valve spring

Get out your Ouigi Board, but....I highly recommend you spend the extra $$ and purchase 'matched scaled springs'! jmo (some one that knows)

Valve Spring Of The Week Club.

what valve spring are out there. I see race city and dyno green stripe are they any more and which is best?

I wish I made valve springs, I would paint a different stripe on the spring every week and say it is the best spring on the market. Truth is, if the motor will turn 6500 and pass tech, that,s it. You can use most any of the 10.8 springs with valve seals on both valves and they will do the job. You will not turn 6500 with any spring with the mini pipe and legal box stock carb. Tires, tires_____win races!!

I wish I made valve springs, I would paint a different stripe on the spring every week and say it is the best spring on the market. Truth is, if the motor will turn 6500 and pass tech, that,s it. You can use most any of the 10.8 springs with valve seals on both valves and they will do the job. You will not turn 6500 with any spring with the mini pipe and legal box stock carb. Tires, tires_____win races!!
'old-school'....ur missing (1) thing though! He 'did' say..."what valve springs are out there?" My contention is about springs that are STILL-out-there that are Not UP Too spec! It's a double edged sword! Also, you are assumming everyone is running 'weenie's'....Not so!

'old-school'....ur missing (1) thing though! He 'did' say..."what valve springs are out there?" My contention is about springs that are STILL-out-there that are Not UP Too spec! It's a double edged sword! Also, you are assumming everyone is running 'weenie's'....Not so!

Well to tell you the truth, I have not run a 10.8 spring, mini pipe, or a legal 615 carb in about 2 yrs. I run SA and modified clones. I do work on Box Stock Engines for other people. I do know if you turn the stock clone valves above 6000 all the time, the stems will mushroom at the top of the retainer groove. I have not worked on any yet with the new SS clone valves. I run Honda valves and turn them 8000to 82000 no problem with mushrooming,

What class is Triton 54 running? Is it for his for his backyard track? Rules/no rules? I'm not sure we've answered their question. Perhaps we need more information.

Pretty simple Jerry, you pull on each end of the spring and stretch it a little, and pray like heck they come down to be legal by the time you get tech'd lol Never done it myself but i know a guy who does it all the time, but he's never been teched before cuz he never finishes in the front lol. However, i use the Red springs from you and love them

When you stretch the spring the outer diameter has to change. When the outer diameter changes the effective compressive strength is reduced, Although it may appear to take a greater force to compress the spring that is false physics. Stretching a spring does not provide an automatic gain.

When you stretch the spring the outer diameter has to change. When the outer diameter changes the effective compressive strength is reduced, Although it may appear to take a greater force to compress the spring that is false physics. Stretching a spring does not provide an automatic gain.

I found that to be true also. The initial seat pressure will increase but I'm not seeing any major change in max rpms...

I don't know about valve springs, but if you stretch an oil pump relief spring the oil pressure will be higher. And if you stretch it a fair amount (and put a shim) (in a Pontiac V8, like a 66 GTO engine), if you rev it up when first fired in real cold weather, it will split the oil filter in half...LOL

Now...that IS out-of-the-box...:)

Tires with a bunch of toxic sauce smeared all over 'em!

Back