Valve springs

Outlawminibiker

I’m real new to this o here it goes. I was going to put 26# springs and for some reason the supplier sent one one spring with directions that say to use that spring on the intake and leave the exhaust what it is is this correct?

We need a lot more details than what you have posted to help. What cam are you using? What is your intended RPM? I take it from your name you aren't racing karts governed by a sanctioning body so no rules apply?

We need a lot more details than what you have posted to help. What cam are you using? What is your intended RPM? I take it from your name you aren't racing karts governed by a sanctioning body so no rules apply?
No rules apply and yes it’s a minibike with a stock Honda GX160. The only thing that’s been done is my buddy filed flat spots on my rockers for some reason

No rules apply and yes it’s a minibike with a stock Honda GX160. The only thing that’s been done is my buddy filed flat spots on my rockers for some reason. I intend on fully building this motor. This is my first bike as an adult I had them when I was a kid but never upgraded just rode the hell out of them

Unless it has an after market cam and a billet rod there is no reason for 26lb springs. Ive also never heard of buying a set of springs and only receiving one.

If it is in fact, a stock GX160 you are wasting your time with 26lb springs. If you plan to install a performance racing cam of some sort then yes, match the springs needed by the cam manufacturer. Most clone cams used on AKRA legal racing only need a 10.8lb spring.

Even better the that get you a HF complete engine 99 bucks out run the 160 any day off the week even with mods . Your wasting your money on the 160 .

Even better the that get you a HF complete engine 99 bucks out run the 160 any day off the week even with mods . Your wasting your money on the 160 .
Yea my buddy has one and it’s freaking fast he’s got 39# springs in it and and a air intake nothing else that’s why I bought the springs (correction spring)

Your buddy does not need 39# springs in a HF engine running a stock cam. He is either stringing you a tale or he does not have a clue. It sounds as if you are under the impression that valve springs will give an engine power. They simply control the valve, they will add nothing to an engine that does not exceed certain RPM ranges. Your buddies stock HF engine is losing power with 39# springs and stock cam and valve train.

Back