Vega MCH blues

F1F21

Just ordered my first set of slicks. I’ve ran a treaded tire class for the past few years and moved up to an open tire KT100 class at the end of last year and have been somewhat competitive on Burris treads but not wanting to step up my program and ordered some slicks. I’m a complete slick rookie when it comes to prep so give me any and ALL advice on internal and external stuff to do. You guys have never steered me in a bad direction here and am hoping to keep getting the same results here

Track and tyre type will help .
Im gonna say more internal softer tire less harder tire .
External is kinds track situation dependent .
One set you want to be carful about what and how much you use .

Vega MCH Blues .
I might not internal at all . That said back in 05 someone told me if your not rolling inside , your gonna get smoked .
Stock class racing .
Just external might do it .

Sorry I’ve been working a new shift and just seen your response. The track is a true 1/4 with long sweeping mild banking turns. Track usually gets on the dustier side but not complete sand storm. That’s why I picked the blues as a lot of people say they work well with dry/dry slick. Track doesn’t rubber up too much either. Most guys are running yellow Vega’s but I like to be different you could say hahahaha

Sorry I’ve been working a new shift and just seen your response. The track is a true 1/4 with long sweeping mild banking turns. Track usually gets on the dustier side but not complete sand storm. That’s why I picked the blues as a lot of people say they work well with dry/dry slick. Track doesn’t rubber up too much either. Most guys are running yellow Vega’s but I like to be different you could say hahahaha
If you need a 40 or less tire on the duro then the yellows are the tire to be on. Anything above the blue will do. No inside.

Should have ordered Burris slicks, and had them cut with an intermediate type cut. From the sounds of it they'd have been faster than even the yellow Vega.

I suspect you'd be considerably faster on properly worked Yellows.
We cut thick right sides to profile them the way we want them, and internal ALL of our Yellow Vegas.
Now, there are different internal chemicals that work the tire differently -- they don't all do the same thing.

Blues absolutely must be internally rolled -- and even then, they really only like very abrasive, high bite track surfaces that produce a lot of tire temp. That's when they'll have an advantage over Yellows.

If you have specific questions about our Vega tire program or prep line, feel free to call the shop.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

We've been working a lot with the new Blues here in the SE and have been very successful on them on many track conditions. We are absolutely rolling them internally as well as wiping external. Most tracks down here need a tire punching around 50 so we find them working very well except when it rains or the track is super soft and we need something punching a 40 or less we'll go to the MCS yellows.

Not usually, again it depends on the track conditions. At times a blue might be as fast as a Maxxis, but it's very dependent on if the track can produce enough heat in the tire. But, it would be really hard to say it would be "faster".

Back