Vega MDH 950’s

Has anyone tested these or put the head to head with a Maxxis?
Yes, but only with big HP.
Maxxis will have better roll speed for stock classes.
MDH will take (and like) heat abuse of bigger HP and weight.
They don't fall off like Yellows when they get hot, they just keep laying down consistent lap times.
They have more grip, yet wear better (especially on the shoulders) than Maxxis Pinks.
I like what I'm seeing/hearing so far - they're a lot like the old 9.50 Hoosier FK tire.

I suspect each tire will continue to be the preferred tire at specific tracks.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Yes, but only with big HP.
Maxxis will have better roll speed for stock classes.
MDH will take (and like) heat abuse of bigger HP and weight.
They don't fall off like Yellows when they get hot, they just keep laying down consistent lap times.
They have more grip, yet wear better (especially on the shoulders) than Maxxis Pinks.
I like what I'm seeing/hearing so far - they're a lot like the old 9.50 Hoosier FK tire.

I suspect each tire will continue to be the preferred tire at specific tracks.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
Cool. I ordered a set and I’m going to give them a try.

How far off are we talking on stock classes vs a maxxis?
Someone else will need to chime in; we did not do anything specifically with stock class HP, only UAS type stuff.
On the right track conditions, certain tires will continue to shine.
Once guys get used to working with these tires, obviously some will make them work better than others.

Someone else will need to chime in; we did not do anything specifically with stock class HP, only UAS type stuff.
On the right track conditions, certain tires will continue to shine.
Once guys get used to working with these tires, obviously some will make them work better than others.
I can tell you I rolled 60cc of Austin Bankers inside prep which is not as agressive as some others and they dropped down to 42 on the duro. Gotta put them back on the shelf for a while.

We're using them and just had a rookie plate win on them at Marion County Speedway here in FL last weekend. We plan to run them on my sons Jr3 kart this weekend at a $1000 to win race at Dirt Devil speedway. So far they seem to work really well on the Florida dirt. Much more testing and work to go but I like them! Very different "feel" to the old blues and seem to take abuse well.

We ran the new MDH Blues this past weekend at Fruitland part in the very competitive Jr3 class. My son lead both practices, won both heats starting from the rear and led 17 of the 20 lap feature. A caution came out with 3 to go and they didn't re-fire. Lap times all day were comparable with Maxxis we normally run and we were the only kart that day not on Maxxis. Track got a little harder than we thought and we ended up a little too aggressive on the wipes. Other than that I'm impressed and will use them again!

This was on a very sandy, dry hot florida track, tires were building some good temp even in a Jr class.

We ran the new MDH Blues this past weekend at Fruitland part in the very competitive Jr3 class. My son lead both practices, won both heats starting from the rear and led 17 of the 20 lap feature. A caution came out with 3 to go and they didn't re-fire. Lap times all day were comparable with Maxxis we normally run and we were the only kart that day not on Maxxis. Track got a little harder than we thought and we ended up a little too aggressive on the wipes. Other than that I'm impressed and will use them again!

This was on a very sandy, dry hot florida track, tires were building some good temp even in a Jr class.
The key is to get them hot (and keep them hot.)
They work almost the opposite of Yellows this way.
Now....if there were only a way to blend the two. :)

Back