VEGA NATIONAL - Inaugural Event

Vega

Vega Tire is pleased to announce the first annual Vega Dirt National. This year’s event will be held at the famous Liberty Raceway Park in Staley, NC on November 2nd. The event will be a Guaranteed Payout Pro Race and open to all racers. Mark the date on your calendar, this is one race you will not want to miss. Complete details and schedules will be posted soon on VegaUSA.com

Last edited:
Vega National Race Flyer.
VegaNationalPoster2019.jpg

I am assuming this Predator class is a sealed predator like the picture in the link. How do you get a sealed predator to race in the predator classes.

I have a question. Ya say in fine print at the bottom of the flyer, wka or akra engines but no porting. Wounder how many are gonna show up illegal? Ya gonna check them before they race or have a big problem after.

I am assuming this Predator class is a sealed predator like the picture in the link. How do you get a sealed predator to race in the predator classes.

PREDATOR RULES
1) The engine must be ran out of the box
2) The governor must be connected and operational
3) The air filter and sock must be installed per factory.
4) The engine must have a key way as installed by factory on the flywheel
5) The engine must pass a governor test on the stand if asked 5500 max
6) Any engine can be claimed by a racer after main events.
7) Claim price Predator $140
Claim price Dyno 212 $200
8) Track can claim any engine or in pre announced races require any participant to run a track supplied engine.
9) You may disconnect vent tube on tank
10) You may disconnect throttle stop screw
11) You must run the factory gas tank
12) You can only bolt on a chain guard, no other aftermarket parts allowed
13) You can add a heat shield
14) You can unplug the oil sensor
15) You can vent the gas cap
16) Open tire / Open clutch

What ate ya gonna check for no porting? Ya say in fine print at the bottom of the flyer, no porting. How many are gonna show up with ported heads. Not on purpose, but just didn't see it at the bottom of the flyer. Ya gonna check before they race or have a big problem after?

What ate ya gonna check for no porting? Ya say in fine print at the bottom of the flyer, no porting. How many are gonna show up with ported heads. Not on purpose, but just didn't see it at the bottom of the flyer. Ya gonna check before they race or have a big problem after?
I think most people will read the rules or have already read the rules and talked about it to others. We were heading south until reading that, doesn't make a lot of sense to me going backwards 3 years on rules...….

Engine Rules are Liberty Raceway park Rules
WKA and AKRA engine rules with NO Porting of the head as it is on the flyer for this event. This is the rule and has been for some time

Thanks Raymond

Engine seal and wire locations for the Vega National
3 holes are required for the wire location.
Two valve cover bolts and one at carb mounting flange.

13178680_1767753546772989_7991712386462974469_n.jpg

Back