Vega question

krtrcn

What is the difference between vega yellow and whites, and what if any prepping would be done.
What chemical would be used?

Thank you
Alan

Whites are harder. We used to use them on asphalt when they where MBM's and the Yellows were MBS's Once the MCS yellows came out they were better than the whites. I'd be surprised if many guys use them on dirt.

What is the difference between vega yellow and whites, and what if any prepping would be done.
What chemical would be used?

Thank you
Alan

website : vegausa,com/ it has a lot of info. . Chemical prep depends on type of track and its surface (asphalt -dirt) maybe even track rules. take a look further here on Bobs' dirt oval - under tires and asphalt sprint .

I'd would say just the opposite...thins on pavement - or cut thicks.
Thin rubber tires build heat quicker and also dissipate heat quicker.
The thick rubber tires will hold the heat in and continue to climb in temps to the point where your lap times fall off dramatically.
For cold/damp tracks, thick rubber may be better, but even then a cut tire will always be faster from my experience.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
29 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Thick’s on pavement.

The thins don’t react the same. If you want a thinner Vega for pavement, cut a thick

If someone would be so kind as to share what they are using as a pre race wipe*(if any) on the MCS tires , Pm me if you would rather. Thanks, John

If someone would be so kind as to share what they are using as a pre race wipe*(if any) on the MCS tires , Pm me if you would rather. Thanks, John

Our Medium Rare works well if the track is clean/dry.
Street & Strip Golden Grip if the track is damp/dew on it.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz

www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on FaceBook
29 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back