Vega Tire Wear

Clean tires very well and look from the front or back you can see the shoulders start to be wore down on the inside compared to the outside of the rights, outside of left tires will wear. We run jr1 with purple plate and get about 3/4 races before flipping, our track doesn't wear tires much or build much heat. Softer you get them and heavier you are and faster classes you run the more you will be flipping them and wearing them out. As far when to trash i'm not really sure. The softer sets guys talk about keeping around for years and pulling them out after a rain storm.

How do you guys gauge wear on Yellow Vega - when to flip and when to trash?

Thank

That really depends on your track, class, weight, etc.
Look at the tire and monitor wear near the shoulder area. You can also look at the depth of the wear dots (if there's any left.) If you've worked with Vegas much, you're not going to want to flip them any more often than necessary. :)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

That really depends on your track, class, weight, etc.
Look at the tire and monitor wear near the shoulder area. You can also look at the depth of the wear dots (if there's any left.) If you've worked with Vegas much, you're not going to want to flip them any more often than necessary.
While that is true, I still flip ours every 2 races and sell them off every 5-6. Once they have been run a couple times they get easier to flip.

While that is true, I still flip ours every 2 races and sell them off every 5-6. Once they have been run a couple times they get easier to flip.
That's right, but the reason they get easier to flip is that the sidewalls are breaking down (ie lower spring rate,) so keep that in mind if you're running older Yellows.

I HATE mounting a new Vega! Lots of profanity, beer and throwing of things for me! Last time I managed to ruin a brand new RS tire by damaging the bead to the point it would not hold air...

Just be thankful you guys don't have to mount sprint & road race tires.
They cut easily on the tire lathe, but man are they a bear to mount & dismount.

I thought about that.... pop em in the hot box but I figured they may get too warm and just keep folding over on themselves

Back