Vega tires are greasy

Treydye08

I recently bought a set of used vegas on ebay, they are greasy and clumps of rubber on them. I sanded them smooth but they are still greasy/sticky. Is this a problem? Running 1/10th mile dirt oval

I recently bought a set of used vegas on ebay, they are greasy and clumps of rubber on them. I sanded them smooth but they are still greasy/sticky. Is this a problem? Running 1/10th mile dirt oval

Are they "greasy," or "sticky?"
Could you post a picture up on here for us all to see what you are describing?
They could be pavement tires that have gotten hot and picked up clag from the track, or they could be over-prepped tires.
When you sanded them "smooth," did you use plenty of coolant (Windex/other) while sanding?
If not, that would have made the tires sticky or "gummy."

I just got in several sets of left side Vega Yellows on used wheels that have been run 1 or 2 times with no prep ever. The tires have been minimally cut & refinished and look like new - if you are interested in them, give us a call.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Are they "greasy," or "sticky?"
Could you post a picture up on here for us all to see what you are describing?
They could be pavement tires that have gotten hot and picked up clag from the track, or they could be over-prepped tires.
When you sanded them "smooth," did you use plenty of coolant (Windex/other) while sanding?
If not, that would have made the tires sticky or "gummy."

I just got in several sets of left side Vega Yellows on used wheels that have been run 1 or 2 times with no prep ever. The tires have been minimally cut & refinished and look like new - if you are interested in them, give us a call.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
They are sticky like rip a latex glove, i got a scrapper after them and they are better. They just look wet all the time. Ill try to get a picture tomorrow

Wipe them with gas and see if it takes the sticky look away. Are they soft or hard ?

Back