Vega yellow

two

I know Vegas are a pain to mount on wheels. But didn’t have much problems. We couldn’t run them for a while due to tire rule change. But we are able to now got a couple new sets and can not get the left side to bead up. Rights I got. Left I can’t get to pop on. I’ve used air compressors that went to 180. I’ve used three different bands. I’ve put them in hotbox for 20 mins to 40 mins. Still nothing. I’ve used wheel lube dish liquid and even hand sanitzer(buddy told me he got his to pop with it) still no luck. Any more tricks I can try thanks

Maybe try a different wheel? Or sometimes when I ran into one that wouldn't bead, I would check the wheel for burrs and imperfections around/near the final beading area and would file or grind them down and try to fine grit sand them smooth.....

They can be a bigger to mount, but you should not have to go to the extent that you are.
What width wheel are you trying to mount the 6.00 tire on?
Using a band?
Taking valve core out and using a high volume compressor?
We mount Vegas nearly every day, and you should not be having that much problem.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

This years set was especially tough, however, I cut the flashing off the bead as it looked like it had some extra rubber that was holding the tires from going over the bead. Worked like a charm, my buddies didnt have as much luck but they didnt cut the flashing.

One thing we did notice is these 4 sets punch 42-48 out of the wrapper. Anyone else notice this?

They can be a bigger to mount, but you should not have to go to the extent that you are.
Using a band?
We mount Vegas nearly every day, and you should not be having that much problem.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
Using a band?

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
I’ve tried 8 1/4 and 8 1/2. Switch both sizes with two wheels each and tried
two different bands. Valve core is out on all of them
High pressure compressors. 150 lbs on one and 180 lbs on other
Never had this much problem with tires till these new ones. I had my first dealings with Vegas a few years ago and got them going by using high volume compressor. These just flat out suck and can’t get.

I’ve tried 8 1/4 and 8 1/2. Switch both sizes with two wheels each and tried
two different bands. Valve core is out on all of them
High pressure compressors. 150 lbs on one and 180 lbs on other
Never had this much problem with tires till these new ones. I had my first dealings with Vegas a few years ago and got them going by using high volume compressor. These just flat out suck and can’t get.

Look at the flashing on the inside of the bead, I cut mine with a razor, carefully, popped on at 85 psi. I use purple power mixed 50/50 with water.

I struggled with my left rears last week also, glad to see I’m not the only one. Sun and tire ring wasn’t enough, ended up using tire warmers and my old trusty adjustable band and cranked em down as small as I could.
The rights and left fronts went on without issue, but man them left rears ugh...... The kids were like wth is taking you so long lol

I use Vaseline and I crank down on you tire band it put more pressure on the side wall of the tire. and you will need 100 PSI at least

Back