Vegas on asphalt

I have never seen a properly prepped tire perform worse than an unprepped tire (period.)
Now, how much and of what prep.....Only experience will tell you that.
I'd suggest 2 ounces of our Medium Rare in the rights, and 3/4-1 ounce in the lefts.
Are you running thin or thick right side Yellows? This also makes a difference.
Personally, I like to take thick right sides and cut them thin(er) while shaping the contact patch and still maintaining good roll speed in the tire.
Some internals help with temperature, and that can be a big advantage on pavement.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Last edited:
Will be running thick Vegas. Have not ran much asphalt. Was thinking of using ls1 since I have had luck with that on a hard dirt track. Might not be the right choice though

Hard to find someone better than Carlson when it comes to tire preparation. If it was me I'd listen to him.

If it was me, I would start off with Virgin tires, see what they do, then start adding prep. Ask around about beginning pressures.

Will be running thick Vegas. Have not ran much asphalt. Was thinking of using ls1 since I have had luck with that on a hard dirt track. Might not be the right choice though
LS 1 works great for internal prep for dirt, I'm sure it will for asphalt as well, the right amount will be key.

Yes you will want to prep Vegas for asphalt. We have been very successful with them for the asphalt side of things. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact.

Back