Vegas on high bite track with calcium

hotrod92

Looking to get into some vega yellow state racin in Florida. Beings they come softer than a Maxxis do you even wanna roll inside? Let alone try to wipe in bite? Opinions welcome

If I knew for sure they were going to give up track made to much grip for them, and if track is as described in title they will, then no I wouldn't do any internal or external I'd scuff them in, that don't mean sand them that means put a run on them, and I would simple green them only and race with little higher air.

If I knew for sure they were going to give up track made to much grip for them, and if track is as described in title they will, then no I wouldn't do any internal or external I'd scuff them in, that don't mean sand them that means put a run on them, and I would simple green them only and race with little higher air.
I'd try this first then after running If off a little either way thinking I was little to bit up, Or not enough bite, I would they try 30 cc ( more mild )Internal as sometimes internal will help the tire hold up longer.

We internal all of our Vegas as well and I'd put our Vega program up against anyone in the country's.

We have two different internal preps - one (Pink Panther) that adds bite, adds some conditioning and softening, and breaks down the sidewalls.
The other (Medium Rare) adds some conditioning oil and helps repel heat, adds very little bite, but does not soften or break the sidewalls down at all. <- THIS is what I'd suggest for the OP's application.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

What is your typical inside for yellows on bullrings that aren't dirtphalt?
Internal is based off what class, and what type of track. If you are needing a very low duro tire, id keep internal amount low because you are killing if from the outside.
If its just a typical track, about 45 duro, what class we talking?

Are you referring to getting them at the track or fixing them during the week? Biggest problem I see is everybody over working them externally. Most of the time little inside and very little external.

Internal is based off what class, and what type of track. If you are needing a very low duro tire, id keep internal amount low because you are killing if from the outside.
If its just a typical track, about 45 duro, what class we talking?
I'm sorry to highjack this guys thread but In my situation its a jr1 class(green plate), caged with floating cages not champ.

What tracks? Fruitland, Dirt Devil, etc? Those tracks are on the Vega state series schedule but this season you also have my local track on that schedule, Marion county speedway which is unlike any other track in Florida. No Calcium, no bite and very soft! Duro-25-30

Dirt devil and OSP are mainly maxxis tracks so you're going to want a Vega punching 52-58 with very little inside. But some of the best tire guys in the industry have replied here

We are going to pick up tires at the track at the next vega state race in FL for OSP and Dirt Devil. Thanks Earl and Chris for the good info on a vega for FL and info on over working them. Used to maxxis!

Back