Venom Juice

On a race night when the temps are in the 50's and you can see some moisture settling on things, at what point do you use Venom green instead of Venom soak? I have only used green inside so far. Thanks

On a race night when the temps are in the 50's and you can see some moisture settling on things, at what point do you use Venom green instead of Venom soak? I have only used green inside so far. Thanks
If I knew the track was going to be like that, I would hit a set with 3 or 4 coats early in the week with the soak.
I'd mix soak/ acrysol 50/50 for a pre-race-wipe at the track if the track stayed the same, if it appeared to get worse go straight Soak

If I knew the track was going to be like that, I would hit a set with 3 or 4 coats early in the week with the soak.
I'd mix soak/ acrysol 50/50 for a pre-race-wipe at the track if the track stayed the same, if it appeared to get worse go straight Soak

Thanks for the quick response. What conditions would prompt you to use green outside?

Thanks for the quick response. What conditions would prompt you to use green outside?
only if it was cold outside, if I knew it was going to be in the 40's or lower temp wise, I would use it first at the track if the conditions are the same as you mentioned, and allow to dry just a little while before top coating with the soak, if the green doesnt seem to dry quick enough cut with acrysol

Personally, if you are using soak at a racetrack there isn't a need to wipe green over top. Out of 4 years with Venom Juice with Eric Rendleman and Randy Ransom as owners, I never once wiped green at the track. Not saying there isn't a time or place for it. With the changes when we went to the 5 series preps it took the green nearly out of the equation trackside and made it more strictly an inside chemical. Again this is with Maxxis, Firestones, Vegas. Havent done much Burris racing but customers I normally helped I tried to keep simple. If its cold outside typically a heavier rolled inside will come in faster. On burris a fresher or thicker cut tire will come in faster. This is what I told people and is on the can. Pink for high bite hard DRY tracks. Black 5 for dryslick or COLD DRY tracks. Blue for hard tracks that get a heavy dew or have a slight moisture in them. Soak for anything extremely slick to the point black or blue won't get into the track or wet tracks. A lot of burris customers used a lot of blue. Being in sc your main chemicals will be pink, black 5, or soak. The blue situation you will experience only a few times a year unless you run a weekly wet track that happens to not be so wet one weekend.

I have half a quart of blue and a little black/blue mix left. Also a little black 5.0 I got last season just finished the easy money off didn't really care for the newer preps as much but that's just me. Eric's original preps were great

Back