"VIDEO" Some good racing at the local track

Great go kart track. If there was a track like that within 100 miles I would run there every week. Complete opposite of tracks in the south/southeast.

I gotta give the credit to the 522. He suggested the "leader runs the top" rules and this is the result. We have had 3 races like this in a row.

Why do the karts slide so much in this video. Are they not allowed to use prep in this class?
We ran "leader runs the top", and the top is a little slicker than the bottom. It was a dry slick track, I was on blue vegas, the 522 was on maxxis and had a better bottom line kart than me. His camera showed it hooked all the way around the bottom. That lapped kart kept throwing dust off the bottom and that made it super slick in 3 and 4.

When I say "top" it just means leave a groove open. Enough you can respectfully race. I've raced this same track and had a better top groove and won. Hooked up like the bottom, but the bottom couldnt get a run like the top so momentum was the winner.

To be honest we are just playing around here. If we ran a normal racing line we would be much faster. Maxxis or yellows would have been the tire choice, probably yellows. But who wants to run follow the leader when you can have action like this.

Jonesboro Karting Complex is very much like this but they run the top by choice. They have some great videos on their Facebook page and on Youtube. Fun to watch.

3F38990D-62EF-4695-9D56-31783052784C.jpeg

If you can’t run em through the turns like a dirt modified I don’t much care to do it !

I race at a backyard track in SW Ohio here, with racing like this very competetive, and Im trying to hang with the guys. It called Zen Ridge Raceway on Fbook. only race like 4 times a year now with everyones racing schedule, but a fun track too. They are a good group of racers.

Back