VINTAGE EVENT AT CAMDEN OHIO AUG 26 & 27

I do have a genuine question about vintage.....what is "vintage"?
For someone that has always wanted to race old stuff, I'm not fond of the classes and what it all means.
Can I pack up my '94 Puma F/C with a limited mod flathead and come compete?
I look at the classes that are offered....and am clueless to what they even are. 6.1 rear? 8.2 rear? etc......
At 34 I didn't think I was "to young to remember" but this definitely was before me haha.

I do have a genuine question about vintage.....what is "vintage"?
For someone that has always wanted to race old stuff, I'm not fond of the classes and what it all means.
Can I pack up my '94 Puma F/C with a limited mod flathead and come compete?
I look at the classes that are offered....and am clueless to what they even are. 6.1 rear? 8.2 rear? etc......
At 34 I didn't think I was "to young to remember" but this definitely was before me haha.
There is a good explanation on VKA's website. If you are not sure, chime in on their Facebook page and they'll certainly respond as most of their board is on there. For the Camden or New Castle events, really all you need to do is call Jeff who is the promoter of that event and ask him. If you have something that is vintage, describe it to him, and he'll let you know. As someone that runs "Rear" karts at a lot of events, a 94 Puma F/C is certainly not going to be in 6.1 Rear and 8.2 Rear. All of the "Rear" classes are for the 1959 to about 69 rear engine mounted karts running American fan cooled engines. Rear engines are a heck of alot of fun drive, because they are nothing like 80-90s karts. Now VKA does have a flathead class. Its not a super popular class in many areas, some regions won't have the class. I believe Barnesville, Brodhead, Springfield, and Quincy are the only ones that have had a Flathead class. VKA Whiteland may have a class, on that one the VKA President, John Copeland is the promoter, you probably want to check with him.

Back