Vintage KT100 clutch

Dedecom

What would be a good clutch to use on a KT100 pipe engine that would Be allowed at a VKA event? My engine currently has a Tomar TD-22 and in looking over the rules for VKA events, it looks like you can't run them. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Unless the rules have recently changed, the L&T is the only new clutch you can buy that is legal for VKA. They work well, but maintenance can be a little tedious getting all the little parts back together, IMHO. The Horstman is easier to work on, but finding parts can be an issue.

I have a few wet clutches I'm getting ready to put up for sale. I have both Horstman DXL & L&T. They have clutch bells for #35 & #219 chain.

Brian #89

A Tomar, made by Quartermaster, Td22 clutch will not work properly with anything other than a sportsman (small carb 4 or 3 hole can) Yamaha. with max engagement around 8200 iirc.
I've seen some Tomar Td23-3 disc dry clutches used on pipe engines but I question the reliability.

A Tomar, made by Quartermaster, Td22 clutch will not work properly with anything other than a sportsman (small carb 4 or 3 hole can) Yamaha. with max engagement around 8200 iirc.
I've seen some Tomar Td23-3 disc dry clutches used on pipe engines but I question the reliability.
Thank you for your reply. I've ordered a L&T 3 disc wet clutch along with the needed pipe.

If my Wankel (Arisco XR50) comes with Horstman Greased Lightning or a Tomar TD4, and both work perfect, I am sure any Yamaha can take those clutches if set as they should. It is true the Wankel engages at low speed. I also use Mobil One on both my Birky and my SMX axle clutches.

Back