Viper help

I have a viper 1" bore 4 disc clutch. I was wondering if there is any sort of setup guide as to what springs and spring height to get desired rpm engagement. It's currently engaging to high but I don't know how far the springs can bet backed out or if I'm going to need other springs

I am not aware of a setup guide for the 1.0" clutch specifically.

You can reference the standard Viper chart.

When setting the spring height on the 1.0" model you need to add .100" to the listed dimension as the lever support is thinner than the 3/4" bore models.

If a lower stall is desired, you can switch to the Gold .085" Surge Springs available from www.clutchbarn.com or any good kart shop or clutch builder.

FWIW....stock setting is .530" using a properly calibrated Bully Spring Height Gauge.

To add to above.....

Would not suggest less than .550" height.

If the levers do not have a nut/bolt installed, you can install them and that will lower the stall.

A stock 1.0" Viper should have had six 10-32× 1/2 SHCS and Nylon Lock Nuts included.

Some have also drilled out the lever for a larger 1/4" SHCS and Nut.

Yes it has the bolts installed on the levers. I do not have a bully gauge. Is there a way to set the height with dial calipers. The stock springs appear to be painted a copper? Color

The retainer is. 095" thick.

So deduct that from .530" and catch the underside of retainer and top of activator plate between your caliper hooks.

Helps to align spring end wind gap in an accessible location.

Copper color is Gold .085" wire springs.

You could get a 5/8" long screw and one #10 AN washer and add to each lever and set to .550" height

The retainer is. 095" thick.

So deduct that from .530" and catch the underside of retainer and top of activator plate between your caliper hooks.

Helps to align spring end wind gap in an accessible location.

Copper color is Gold .085" wire springs.

You could get a 5/8" long screw and one #10 AN washer and add to each lever and set to .550" height
Would you by chance know spring height for a viper 2 disk with silver springs 3800 stall. Has one bolt in lever. Thanks In advance ronbush915@gmail.com

Last edited:
Back